At Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, we recognize the unique needs of each of our patients. It's an extraordinary effort that we continue to improve upon, creating ways to better serve our community when they need us most. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital receives international acclaim for its outstanding and dynamic kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs, setting record numbers for volume and outcomes. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performed the world's first 16-way kidney donor exchange chain during three consecutive days at a single hospital. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earned designation as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13 and up. This program serves as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. Our hospital provides patient-centered care with a staff of professionals who genuinely care for the well-being of others. As part of Methodist Healthcare's mission of Serving Humanity to Honor God, we strive to offer care in a safe and compassionate environment. Additional hospital specialties include psychiatric services, emergency care, rehabilitation and robotic surgery.
General Statement of Duties:
The Laboratory Technical Supervisor assists Manager with the day to day operations of the section/department which includes: managing personnel, developing and monitoring quality control, quality assurance and proficiency testing programs; developing and evaluating laboratory methodologies, protocols and techniques; overseeing care, maintenance, and utilization of department equipment, supplies, and inventories. Performs clinical testing.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Supports Managers in personnel activities that may include interviewing, work allocation, orientation and training, staff development, problem resolution, evaluating performance (conducts annual feedbacks), making recommendations for personnel actions, and motivating employees to achieve peak performance. Is responsible for their employee's output and conduct.
2. Understands laboratory methods, demonstrates knowledge of pathological processes with correlation of disease states and test results. Independently performs specimen processing and testing to include moderate and high complexity testing (as appropriate per facility). Satisfactorily completes competency checklist for this position. May administer quality control and calibration of instrumentation where applicable.
3. Assures compliance with accrediting agencies; understands and applies CQI principles; anticipates needs and develops, implements, and evaluates quality assurance programs, provides corrective action and documentation.
4. Develops and evaluates laboratory methodologies, procedures and techniques in the area of clinical specialty.
5. Acts as a resource to customers, both within the department and outside the department, on testing methods and procedures, and laboratory operations, safety and training. Functions as laboratory liaison and contact person in the absence of other management personnel.
6. Oversees ordering, care, maintenance and utilization of department equipment, supplies, and inventories.
Minimum Education, Certification, and Experience:
Baccalaureate degree is preferred. Certification: MT (ASCP), MT (AMT), MT (AAB), CLS (NCA), HT(ASCP), HTL(ASCP), or MT(HEW) and 5 years of experience in clinical laboratory. Supervisory experience is preferred.
Equipment Utilized: Meditech, laboratory equipment, and common office equipment.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom