Laboratory Technician Lead - Full Time
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women's Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued. Position Summary :
- Under the direct supervision of the Director/Section Manager/Coordinator/Operations Manager/Lead Technologist/Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Technician performs preanalytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties, data entry, specimen collection, and specimen processing.
- Performs testing on blood and body fluids as defined by CLIA 1988.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
- Maintains non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and centrifuges.
- Maintains a safe work area.
- Demonstrates professional work habits, positive interpersonal skills and great customer service.
- Assist in training new staff as appropriate.
- The Lab Technical Assistant collects specimens from birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications: Minimum Requirements : Education
: high school graduate or equivalent preferred Licensure/ Certifications
: Phlebotomy certification preferred. Experience
: One year experience in a medical laboratory required or college course work in biological/chemical sciences or graduate of phlebotomy course plus 6 months experience. Six months computer keyboarding or equivalent preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom