Overland Park Regional Medical Center - Overland Park, Kansas Laboratory Technician - PRN Overland Park Regional Medical Center
is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women's Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued. Overland Park Regional Medical Center
is currently looking for a Laboratory Technician - PRN
Under the direct supervision of the Director/Section Manager/Coordinator/Operations Manager/Lead Technologist/Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Technician:
- Performs preanalytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties, data entry, specimen collection, and specimen processing.
- Maintains a safe work area.
- Demonstrates professional work habits, positive interpersonal skills and great customer service.
- The Lab Systems Technician collects specimens from birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Phlebotomy certification preferred.
- A minimum of 6 months phlebotomy experience preferred.
- One year in a clinical laboratory environment preferred.
- Six months in computer keyboarding or equivalent preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/H/V).
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom