At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Laboratory Technician for the Advanced Materials Division (AdMD) located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Laboratory Technician will provide technician level scientific support for our glass bubbles product development area. The individual will be making and characterizing glass bubbles. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Sample preparation, synthesis, and fabrication; sample physical and chemical property testing; sample application performance testing; data collection, analysis, and documentation; and general laboratory maintenance activities.
- Batch glass raw materials, melt glass, mill glass, form bubbles, and measure particle size, density, strength, and enter data into a spreadsheet.
- Perform various experiments to obtain the goals for size, density, and strength & use the data from all previous experiments to generate a guide for the next experiment.
- Support in other new product areas for our ceramics and additives platform.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of laboratory environment experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of Microsoft Word and Excel experience
- Associates/Two (2)-year Technical degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of technician experience within a manufacturing or laboratory setting
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to communicate regularly and effectively on observations and test results
- Familiarity with 3M testing systems and 3M safety processes and procedures
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated initiative and strong project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office proficient
: Maplewood, MNTravel:
Is not authorized
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.