CHS has an opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for an individual to join our Operations team working as a Laborer. You will assist patrons in a professional manner and promote a positive image of the coop. You must have the ability to adapt, think and make decisions quickly; have a pleasant attitude, be helpful, and customer focused.
You must be able to work extended hours during the months of August - November.
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Customer Service
- Load and Unload railcars in a timely manner as they come into the business
- Verify that the equipment and supporting vehicles are in good working order
- Unload grain commodities as they are received
- Perform warehouse work to include: driving loader, forklift, mechanics, and maintenance.
- Perform housekeeping inside and outside of all facilities.
- Complete all safety reports and required record keeping.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Operation of location facilities
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to lift 75 lbs, climb rail cars, ladders, stairs and bins
- Ability to operate loaders, conveyors, tractors, and track mobile
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Ability to work long hours to meet business demands
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Farming background
- Grain handling experience
- Elevator experience
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.