Registered Nurse Lactation Consultant PRN
North Florida Regional Medical Center is a general medical and surgical hospital in Gainesville, FL, with Survey data for the latest year available shows that 55,287 patients visited the hospital's emergency room. The hospital had a total of 25,192 admissions. Its physicians performed 6,740 inpatient and 9,875 outpatient surgeries.
Located in Gainesville, FL, North Florida Regional Medical Center is a 445-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, women's health and wound therapy, among other services.
A proven leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission in 2010, 2011 and 2012, is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction ™ Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery and has been recognized by U.S.News & World Report for its High-Performing Gynecology Program. North Florida Regional Medical Center is a member of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA).
For more information, click HERE!
Conducts breastfeeding assessments either in person or over the phone; counsels and provides clients with solutions to problems such as insufficient weight gain, cleft palate and prematurity in infants and mastitis in nursing mothers; provides clients of the Women, Infants, and Children program (WIC) with up-to-date information regarding breastfeeding; and performs related duties as required.
1. Displays effective communication and counseling skills in both English and Spanish.
2. Provides individualized breastfeeding care with an emphasis on the mother's ability to make informed decisions.
3. Possesses ability to use adult education principles to provide instruction to the mother that will meet her needs.
4. Ability to select appropriate written information and other teaching aides when working with mothers.
5. Possesses the ability to accurately provide history and assessment documentation.
6. Identifies and communicates correct latch-on (attachment) to nursing mothers.
7. Possesses ability to identify breast abnormalities.
8. Demonstrates support for continuation of breastfeeding when mother is separated from her baby.
9. Shows a broad knowledge on breast feeding related equipment and demonstrates appropriate use and understanding of potential disadvantages and/or risk.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
Minimum of 1 year experience in lactation support needed. 1 Years a cute care experience preferred .
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated success and abilities in leadership, achieving results, communications, and customer service.
Required: BLS. IBCLC certification. RN license in the State of Florida or appropriate compact licensure.
An EEO Employer M/F/V/D.