The Woman's Hospital of Texas - Houston, TX Lactation Consultant - RN The Woman's Hospital of Texas
opened in 1976 and ever since has remained the state's premier facility dedicated solely to the health of women and newborn infants. Located near the Texas Medical Center, Woman's offers 397 licensed beds, including a NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) and a full range of women's health services and newborn infants.
More than 650 board-certified physicians at Woman's offer their expertise and an outstanding level of quality care in the areas of gynecology, obstetrical care, high-risk pregnancy and minimally invasive surgery. The Woman's Hospital of Texas
is currently looking for a Lactation Consultant - RN. Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Director of Education, the Lactation Consultant is responsible and accountable for individual Lactation Consultant practice and, when applicable, appropriately delegates and supervises tasks to provide optimum patient care.
- Collaborates with all disciplines to enhance clinical outcomes, reduce length of stay, improve resource utilization and ensure patient satisfaction.
- Serves as a clinical resource and consultant for issues related to patient care for patients, physicians, staff and the community.
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth congruent with ILCA standards.
- Participates in establishing, maintaining, and improving patient's health care goals through patient assessment, planning and implementation of Lactation Consultant interventions and evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
- Accurately and completely documents all aspects of care given.
- Recognizes the purpose of employment is to prioritize the patient as number one.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness.
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Communicates effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
- To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
- Associate Degree in Nursing, BSN preferred.
- IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) required.
- BLS certification
- One year recent clinical and education experience preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom