Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. Job Summary
This position reports directly to the Market Area Director of Landfill Operations and manages landfill gas collection and control system (GCCS) operations, budget, and regulatory compliance. This position will be responsible for our Landfill Gas systems throughout Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Implement standards relating to the protection, control, and management of landfill gas. Additional areas of responsibility include management and evaluation of landfill gas, gas condensate, etc. when they are a threat to air quality and/or renewable energy projects.
- Participates in the strategy and approval of the operating and capital budget for GCCS as well as procurement and distribution of landfill gas conveyance equipment and materials.
- Direct and manage internal and external (consultant) company resources. Manage asset development within the defined geographic area of coverage including: GCCS installation/modifications, compliance monitoring, testing, and reporting program development/change/optimization review.
- Organize and execute routine communications with Market Area and Group management regarding both significant development projects as well as to ensure compliance and consistency with company-wide GCCS and air quality programs.
- Plan, organize and manage GCCS design, construction and operations within a defined geographic area of coverage. Under senior management direction, work toward predetermined goals and objectives.
- Participate in communication with local, state, or national internal and external stakeholders to discuss program or project objectives that meet WM objectives of GCCS operations, environmental protection, or performance to reduce compliance costs to the field.
- Support Group Air Program, Legal, and EP Managers in responding to and resolving regulatory NOVs pertaining to LFG/GCCS operations.
- Directors/Managers, EP Managers on GCCS design, construction and operations issues.
- Possess interpersonal skills in developing acceptance of company-wide standards, including leadership, motivational and social skills.
- The coordination of alternative energy projects may include tasks such as oversight of plant operations and wellfield operations, and / or coordination with plant administrators, managers, and supervisors. Provide engineering and operational support to ensure the proper operation of existing landfill gas control devices are not affected by the operations of alternative energy projects.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of some full-time employees, including: Landfill gas technicians, Levels I to III.
- Indirect supervision of some full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
- Experience: Ten years of relevant work experience in area of engineering and/or construction specializing in GCCS design, construction, and/or operations and three years of GCCS experience with alternative energy projects (in addition to education requirement).
- PREFERRED: Prior Project Management experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Proven technical project management skills
- Immediate knowledge and aptitude for GCCS design, construction and system operations
- Complete understanding of state and federal regulations, which impact GCCS design and operations
- Advanced computer skills are required
- Valid driver's license
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.