Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is searching for a Landfill Gas Operations Supervisor for the Greater Houston Area. We are looking for a leader that has 5 or more years of progressive experience in Landfill operations and at least a solid Foundation in Landfill Gas system repair and management.
Waste Management is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
This position reports to the Area Gas Operations Manager (AGOM) and is responsible for the operation and maintenance of landfill gas collection and control systems (GCCS) including the supervision and direction of Gas Technician I and Gas Technician II positions as well as contractors. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The individual must have the ability to work independently without direct supervision. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to supervise the work efforts of others and perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and vary by location.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Properly operate and maintain GCCS in a timely and cost effective manner to ensure regulatory compliance and optimize performance.
- GCCS operation and maintenance includes: - 50%
- Calibrate, operate and maintain sensitive electronic data collection devices necessary to optimize LFG collection from the wellfield.
- Collect and manage data entry from environmental monitoring locations.
- Implement and manage the GCCS preventative maintenance plan.
- Operate and maintain liquid management system pneumatic or electric driven pumps (troubleshoot and determine liquid heights within liquid containment structures and or LFG collection wells).
- Perform wellfield valve/vacuum adjustments, data collection and maintenance; interpret data
- Use Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) or High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) piping materials and associated equipment to perform maintenance on piping materials.
- Monitor opacity (visible stack emissions) where required
- Troubleshoot GCCS and related systems
- Supervise gas technicians; delegate work assignments 40%
- Train gas technicians on GCCS operations and maintenance activities; mentor and evaluate technician proficiency
- Manage/supervise contractor activities
- Provide project management support to the AGOM for GCCS design and construction.
- Participate in the development of LFG related capital and expense budgets.
- Review and analyze GCCS operating data and prepare reports; mentor technicians on same - 10%
- Implement all job related health and safety requirements and procedures.
- Be available for on-call response (physically on site or by phone as required) to GCCS related malfunction events.
- Indirectly supervise operations of Level I and II Gas Technicians (up to 7 employees) covering 10 locations in the Greater Houston Area.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma (accredited) or GED.
- Experience: 5 years of GCCS operations experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid and unrestricted driver's license
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills (unless in Canadian provinces)
- Advanced computer skills (i.e., email, web browser, Microsoft - Windows Excel and Word)
- Excellent mechanical and technical skills/aptitude
- Ability to optimize the performance of GCCS
- Thorough familiarity with the operation of gas collection and combustion devices with the ability to troubleshoot this equipment remotely
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.