CEB has joined Gartner! Joining forces to create the world’s largest research and advisory organization!
Leaders often tell us they have to invest in major transformation initiatives to realize meaningful growth, but what if you could grow without upending the business? What if you could unlock pockets of opportunity that help you exceed expectations and give employees skills and experiences they crave? That’s where we come in. After more than three decades working with the world’s best companies, we’ve developed a unique view into what works when it comes to corporate performance. Job Overview:
We are seeking a proven software product sales executive with experience in the learning and talent development market to sell our market leading Learning Measurement solution, including consulting and our SaaS offering, Metrics that Matter®. Targeted organizations are those with more than 5,000 employees up through the world’s largest global organizations. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to successfully sell training software and consulting solutions to senior-level talent, learning and business executives of Fortune 1000 corporations.
The Account Manager will divide their time between developing existing client relationships and identifying new business opportunities within those existing clients, as well as seeking out new clients within their assigned region. This person will work closely with key resources within MTM to ensure support and success for their clients and themselves.
Responsibilities of the AM include securing new business leads through a variety of channels, conducting virtual and live presentations/demonstrations around our solutions and capabilities, building consensus, and negotiating and renewing long-term agreements with existing clients.
We are looking for experienced, successful candidates with a proven track-record in selling SaaS solutions, knowledge of the Corporate L&D space, and collaborative approach. Key Responsibilities:
Job Requirements: Key Skills Needed for Success:
- Create and execute against territory and account plans for current and prospective corporate clients in order to achieve stated customer and CEB business objectives
- Develop and cultivate relationships with executive-level contacts in L&D, HR, Talent, Sales, IT and Finance at existing clients.
- Must be willing to prospect: You will be going after new customer business in addition to growing our revenue in existing accounts
- Secure new business by cold calling and aggressively following up on leads that are provided to you by dedicated appointment setters.
- Scope, negotiate and close multi-year agreements with accounts in your assigned market
- Attain or exceed sales quota by identifying clients’ business challenges and aligning CEB MTM products/services to create world-class solutions that deliver significant value
- Conduct high-impact virtual and live presentations/demonstrations of our solutions
- Leverage MTM consulting, services and product development teams appropriately for solution creation and presentation to the client
- Develop and maintain skills, knowledge and proficiencies required to respond to client requirements
- Continuously build knowledge and skills to keep pace with market trends
- Maintain current knowledge of clients’ business goals and objectives
- Continually develop skills, knowledge and proficiencies in sales and sales techniques
Experience & Education:
- Proven networking skills
- Consensus and Challenger sales skills
- Strong written/verbal communication, presentation skills and business acumen
- Highly organized, self-directed business style with strong ability to prioritize
- Strong account planning skills
- Excellent follow-through and detail orientation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, sound judgment
- Ability to take the initiative to make things happen as necessary to drive performance
- Confidence to make difficult decisions
- Prior Experience
- 10+ years’ experience ideally in L&D or Talent Development
- Measurement expertise a plus
- Sales experience focused on a business to business sale ideally selling an enterprise software solution or talent development solution (or similar technology) that is sold on a subscription basis
- Demonstrated experience developing a regional territory sales plan with measurable success objectives
- Bachelor’s degree
- Seeks to continuously develop skills and knowledge
- Passionate about success and winning
- High degree of credibility, expertise, and confidence
- Works well in a team environment
- Operates with a sense of urgency
- Willingness to stretch beyond their current capabilities and demonstrates a willingness to do so
Job ID 00013692