Large Group Underwriter, Group Benefits (CT, FL, GA, ME) Responsibilities:
- Building collaborative and constructive relationships with internal and external business partners across the organization.
- Mentors team of underwriters focused on accounts ranging from 500 to 4,999 employees.
- Demonstrates an advanced ability to problem solve and create solutions in a team based environment.
- Effectively navigate complex field relationships to achieve optimal results.
- Actively engaged in key accounts within the team; fosters continuous dialogue with case level underwriter to provide knowledge sharing, coaching and development
- Actively engage in continuous learning through direct and indirect casework.
- Partners across PA & RA teams to drive consistency and foster a "One Team" approach across the regions
- Proactively communicates with all sales offices and agents to find common ground and drive results
- Responsible for inventory management and case assignments.
- Develops ideas to redefine how The Hartford manages underwriting portfolios and drives those ideas through the organization (i.e. book of business strategies, pricing strategies, etc...)
- Provides reporting support and analysis for leadership team as assigned
- Actively drives and participates in project work and special assignments
Behaviors at the Hartford
- BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 3 years Group Benefits and/or Medical Underwriting experience required
- Strong interpersonal and business communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to drive followership
- Extraordinary influencing, decision making and analytical skills
- Strong technical knowledge
- Strong financial acumen
- Excellent presentation abilities
- Integrity and Inspires trust
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression ** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD