Eaton Power Systems has a 2nd shift opening for a Laser Machine Operator in Waukesha, WI ( Badger dr)
The Laser Machine Operator is responsible for the daily operation of the laser machine, including moving necessary materials to and from the machine and routine maintenance of the machine.
The position of Laser Operator requires candidate to load appropriate materials onto laser table and perform laser cutting operations effectively and efficiently per specifications, work instructions, schedules and drawings.
• Operator will complete tasks for laser operation while applying standard practices; perform set-up and operation on laser; use steel gauge to validate thickness of appropriate materials loaded for specific job orders; load correct materials and unload all parts; use precision instruments to check tolerances and visually check quality of parts.
• Ability to stop and ask for clarification if not understanding job instructions or work orders; ensure a clean hand-off of good quality product to next operation; keep work area clean and provide a safe environment of area for self and others.
• Required to use forklift and crane, forklift and crane experience a plus
• Ability to read blueprints along with understanding verbal and written instructions, schedules, documents and specifications.
• Ability to read and interpret measuring devices (such as tape measure and/or calipers); ability to troubleshoot minor program errors independently; work under little supervision.
• Must be able to wear appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses w/side shields, ear plugs or other hearing protection, steel-toed boots w/meta-tarsals, gloves, and any other PPE and follow safe manufacturing and material handling practices as required.
• Must be able to lift up to and including 50 LBS with and/or without assistance; bend, twist, grab, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, use both hands to lift and lower materials and perform all other essential duties as required.
• Must possess basic math skills to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and convert fractions to decimals and vice versa.
•No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the work location in order to be considered.
•Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
•Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
•Minimum of 6 months of machining experience within a manufacturing environment
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.