- Sets up and operates CNC machines according to specifications and tooling instructions applying knowledge of machining methods.
- Reads blueprint or job order for specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, tooling instructions, feed rates, cutting speeds etc.
- Positions and secures tool in spindle, positions and secures work piece on machine.
- Sets specified rotation speed, feed rate, depth of cut and positions tool in relation to work piece.
- Starts machine and monitors displays also observing cutting action of machine to detect excessive wear of malfunction.
- Conducts pre-operations inspections to ensure machine is ready to be operated in safe and efficient manner
- Reads and executes daily production schedule as directed by supervisor
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Will measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machinery.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required and reports problems to supervisor as necessary
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications and stops production if any part that is detected to be out of specification
- Will confer with Machine Shop Supervisor to resolve machining problems.
- Produces daily production reports, inspections and other reports as directed by supervisor
- Must have an understanding and knowledge of company procedures and work instructions.
- Maintains a safe and organized workstation and follows all company policy, safety and procedures.
- Minimum three years experience working with close tolerance practices of +/- .010 or less, in a manufacturing environment
- Employee must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be requires at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U. S. Person status. ITAR defines U.S. Person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card' Holder), Political Asylee or Refugee.
Other Locations For This Job