DePuy Synthes is recruiting for a Launch Management Project Manager to support the Spine franchise unit at the Raynham, MA facility.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive Orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of Joint Reconstruction, Trauma, Spine, Sports Medicine, Neurological, Craniomaxillofacial, Power Tools and Biomaterials. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
This individual will be part of the DePuy Synthes Supply Chain Product Management (SCPM) group. He/she will use knowledge of project management, enterprise-wide supply chains, knowledge of manufacturing operations to function as an integral member of a development team devoted to a sustainable world-class manufacturing & supply chain operations supporting key strategic NPI projects. Ensures continuity of supply by leading and participating in complex projects that require influencing and supporting cross-functional teams such as: R&D, Quality Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Sourcing, Plan, Make, External Operations and Environmental/Safety that drives the development and implementation of Business Continuity Plans to mitigate against manufacturing and/or Supplier launch delays and long term product supply disruption risks.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (essential functions)
• Provides global operations leadership to assigned new product development projects. Responsible for developing operations strategy, assembling team and development/execution of operations project plan from project charter through the hand-off to the manufacturing/supplier site all the way to global launch.
• Partners with other functions to achieve overall business objectives for a project, including commercial success, profitability, timeliness and quality.
• Partner with Marketing, R&D, Quality and Supply Chain teams to develop strategies to achieve business objectives, and provide governance through effective prioritization and allocation of resources to achieve strategic goals.
• Builds strong cross-functional teams, providing feedback and coaching to team members.
• Follows defined processes & procedures related to new product development to ensure compliance and meet business deliverables.
• Participate in New Business Development activities including due diligence and business case development
• Identifies gaps in existing business processes and drive improvement activities to close them Qualifications
Education and/or Experience
• BS in Engineering, Physical Sciences or related field is requirement.
• MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 8 years work experience required, preferably within a regulated environment.
• People management experience is preferred.
• Medical Device/Pharmaceutical/Biologics experience is preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Strong communication, management, and influencing skills are required.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams is required.
• Experience with New Product Development teams is required.
• Experience in building business strategies and driving strategy implementation is required.
• Six Sigma/Process Excellence and/or Project Management/PMP/FPX certification preferred.
• Experience with MS Office Suite, MS Project, and ERP systems is required.
• This position requires up to 25% Domestic and International travel.Primary Location
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function
Engineering (Generalist)Requisition ID
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.