Job Description: Launch Manager Objectives:
In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management and leadership of new product development/launch programs for automotive OEM application.
- Manages all non-recurring events and deliverables associated with the launch of a new product/process.
- Plans and executes the critical deliverables as defined in Glidepath Launch Process.
- Holds contractors and internal launch team accountable for performance to scope & timing.
- Achieves all program launch targets - time, quality & manufacturing feasibility.
- Meet scorecards items related to Launch Management
- Drive launch team to have responsibility for each functional area of the start-up per the Glidepath workbook.
- Coach and motivate the launch team to encourage ownership and responsibility for the activities (functional deliverables and reporting) within the project team.
- Key interface between SDT ( Simultaneous Development Teams) and plant launch team to achieve the program's targets on time, cost, quality, and manufacturing feasibility.
- Coordinate identification of launch team and work with functional managers to identify the training needs and create training plans.
- Ensure launch activities and reporting according to Glidepath Launch Process in support of overall PLUS process
- Create start-up plan, maintain timeline, Manufacturing Readiness and open issues list to ensure the program achieves customer milestones, internal deliverables, and engineering deadlines and plant start-up in line program timeline.
- Effectively communicate in clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization
Job Qualifications: Requirements/Qualifications:
- Weekly update of status, issues, and risks as well as prepare monthly updates of project for executive review (launch readiness review)
- Coordinate all activities to meet project milestones for equipment installation and process validation. (PV Build deliverables, Run-at-Rate, PV Parts and assemblies).
- Conduct Manufacturing reviews and Ensure Manufacturing Readiness.
- Act as key Interface between Operations, Mfg/Product Engineering, Purchasing, Quality and other key personnel in order to Plant and Product Readiness through Plus phase 2 & 3.
- Managing customer communication and relationship for project issues and commitments
- Drive the execution / coordination of PLUS phase 4 & 5. Ensure proper execution of product change management and implementation process in the plant.
- Drive execution of Change Management process to ensure that OE customer requirements are met for process and product changes.
- Engage in problem solving, lead team & apply methodology to successfully get to rout cause and corrective planning
- Plan and execute a robust risk management process to include identification, qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, mitigation and contingency planning
- Participate in launch SDT's and coordinate activities at the plant to support.
- Apply the SDT Meeting Guidelines and drive the Launch SDT.
- Develop, in conjunction with other functional areas (within and across other BUs), the program cost targets (e.g. piece cost, investment, engineering budget). Enable Risk management by anticipating risks, caused by late tasks or changes, and develop contingency plans and mitigation strategies
- Guarantee proper management of changes in Operations, process and product, by using the Change Management Procedure.
- Ensure that all required quality documentation (PFMEA, Control plan) is completed and approved both internally and by the customer.
- Ensure Advanced Quality Planning/PPAP, including customer signoff and Process signoff on the program
- Ensure supplier and component tooling readiness
- Ensure Program Launch Team follows established Quality Objectives
- Monitoring of timely completion Supplier Process Sign-Off and Parts Submission at suppliers
- Bachelor's Degree required; Business Management, Engineering, Quality, or Supply Chain
- 2+ years project management experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- OEM or Tier-1 manufacturing experience required.
- Worked in a key position (Program, Engineering or Launch Manager) on a major new product launch for automotive OEM or similar.
- Experience managing multiple programs concurrently.
- Solid business aptitude and experience managing overall program financial performance
- Strong computer skills and expert knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and collaborative.
- Strong people management skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills required.
- Tact, a sense of urgency, and an overall customer satisfaction focus is required
- Experience managing capital projects ($1M
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience with APQP, TS16949 and other Customer specific requirements (OE) such as Q1, SQAM, and ANPQP
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.