Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description SUMMARY
Under the supervision of the Laundry Supervisor or Lead, the Laundry Worker is required to operate laundry equipment related to the finishing of flatwork, and tumble-dried goods. Job Duties could include any of the following:
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Sorts soiled linen into designated classifications
- Operates automatic cart washer as required.
- Operates flatwork ironer, small piece folders and fold linen following predetermined reasonable expectations.
- Removes linen carts from cart washer exit.
- Processes specialty items for hospital users.
- Ensures all linen meets the quality standards designated by specific customers.
- Identifies each linen distribution cart with proper name tags and covers all linen carts prior to shipment; assists truck driver to load the truck.
- Responsible for performing assigned tasks in an efficient and safe manner.
- Responsible for quality control on assigned tasks. Any questions should be referred to the lead supervisor.
- Informs lead supervisor on level or quantity of supplies.
- Responsible for cleanliness and maintenance of work area.
- Responsible for following proper safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Previous experience in a high production laundry preferred.
- Ability to work as a team member, creating and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Must possess strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position including, but not limited to repetitive motion and standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize work.
Indicate if the position is exposed to the definite risk of bodily injury via (check all that apply): Exposure to Infectious Disease √ Chemicals Electrical Equipment √ Mechanical Equipment √ Burns √ Other: Sharps √ Blood Contact √ Extreme Heat and Humidity √ MEDIUM
Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.