The Laundry Worker is responsible for the washing, drying, folding, sorting, and mending of clothes and linen. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
* Sorts laundry items by label and loads laundry machines with bedding, surgical gowns, linens etc.
* Adds detergent and other cleaning agents to the washer and adds when necessary germicidal/disinfectant solutions.
* Adjusts water temperature and starts the washer.
* Wrings out clean wet articles and places them in dryers for the measured time cycle.
* Sorts and folds clean items into the appropriate storage bin.
* Counts articles to verify laundry lists.
* Use of weighing systems.
* Soaks contaminated articles, and mixes and applies dyes and bleaches according to formulas.
* May mend torn articles.
* May transport soiled/clean linen.
* May assist in training, assigning and checking the work of lower level employees.
* Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
* Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
* Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
* Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
* Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
* Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
* May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* /Job Qualifications:/*
* High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
* 1 to 2 years of related work experience.
* Must be able to coordinate the routine responsibilities of staff and resources.
* Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
* Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
* Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
* Ability to operate Laundry related equipment including but not limited to Washers, Dryers, Ironing equipment, and Folders.
* Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
* Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
* Adapts procedures, processes, tools equipment and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position.
* Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
* May require a valid driver s license
* Blood Borne Pathogen Training
* General Qualifications:*
* Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
* Maturity of judgment and behavior.
* Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
* Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule.
* Must comply with any dress code requirements.
* Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
* /Physical Requirements:/*
* Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
* Significant walking or other means of mobility.
* Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
* Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
*/Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):/*
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold.
* Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends, and extended hours as business dictates.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
* Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
Sodexo has openings at Beaumont Farmington Hills for high-energy individuals looking to make a difference in the lives of our patients and their visitors. Every day, our team members contribute to enhancing the patient's experience with their positive interactions by maintaining a clean environment or by providing delicious, nutritious meals. We help people lead healthier lives.
Sodexo at Beaumont Farmington Hills has a full time Linen Tech position available. This is a relief position so must be flexible to work as early as 5a and as late as 10p. This position could work up to 40 hours during coverage periods.
Responsible for distributing clean linen, retrieve soiled linen & inventory clean linen carts. 80% of the shift is walking.
A successful candidate must be able to push wheeled linen carts that may weigh in excess of 700lbs.
Job offers are contingent upon candidate successfully passing a pre-employment physical examination, drug screen test and background investigation.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Sodexo is committed to upholding the spirit and principles of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 1998 amendment to the Act. If, due to a disability, you require a reasonable accommodation to navigate this site and/or complete the on-line application process, please contact SodexoFrontlineApplicationSupport.USA@sodexo.com for assistance. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.