West Hills Hospital & Medical Center
is a full-service acute care facility located in West Hills, CA, in the Western San Fernando Valley. The 225-bed facility recently completed an $80-million expansion that includes a new Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, Outpatient Services Unit, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, and The Grossman Burn Center. Healthgrades (a leading independent health care rating company) announced that West Hills Hospital has received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence for 2011 & 2012, the Clinical Excellence Award for Critical Care for 2012. West Hills Hospital is also among the Top 100 Hospitals nationwide for Gastrointestinal and General Surgery. West Hills Hospital was the first Accredited Chest Pain Center in Los Angeles County, and also recently received a Certificate of Distinction as a Primary Stroke Center from the Joint Commission. Summary of Responsibilities:
Plan, organize, and implement social work service to patients and families. Plan for discharge and aftercare. Maintain contact with referring agencies and related people, and with community resources used for referral. Supervise subordinate staff members. Facilitate program development.Qualifications: Experience/Education/Certificates/Licenses:
Masters in Social Work or related field. Sufficient experience as a clinical social worker. Supervisory experience desirable. Essential Functions:
- Interview patient and family members to obtain information about home environment, family relationships, health history, and patient's personality traits.
- Evaluate data gathered in terms of the medical plan of treatment, available social service programs, and plan a pertinent therapy program that will provide maximum benefit for each patient.
- Assist patients and families to understand, accept, and follow medical recommendations.
- Perform a variety of services such as advising on social problems, arranging for discharge or post-operative care at home or in institutions, placement of patients into foster or nursing homes, and alleviation of anxieties and fears.
- Utilize resources to assist patient to resume life in the community or to learn to live with disability.
- Provide supervision of patient care, family communication, and record keeping. Attend staff conferences and family conferences. Monitor social worker caseload and balance.
- Attend meetings as required; participate on committees as directed.
- Prepare and update records for each patient. Prepare required documentation of each case. Maintain records, reports, etc. as required.
- Maintain department policies, procedures, objectives, and quality assurance program, safety, infection, and environmental control.
- Assist in care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Attend meetings as required and participate on committees as directed.
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, workshops, etc.
- Perform other duties as directed by department head/supervisor.
- Must abide by the HCA Code of Conduct and the West Hills Hospital and Medical Center Standards of Behavior.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom