Power Water & Distributed Power
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Account Manager - New York / Pennsylvania
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Lead Account Manager - New York / Pennsylvania will serve as the primary sales and account management representative to the assigned accounts. You will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. This individual will utilize experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
In addition, you will:
* Be primarily focused on selling water processing solutions and products to expand and maintain customer accounts
* Actively listen to customers' needs and provide effective technical service to resolve issues and inquiries
* Drive growth by continuously creating and selling customer value propositions for assigned account base that focuses on our competitive advantage while leveraging our broad product portfolio
* Participate in collecting and testing water samples on site and analyzes results to provide recommendations to improve quality of treatment
* Serve as a knowledge resources to customers using GE technology to solve identified water treatment needs
* Partner cross-functionally within organization to optimize our solutions offering
* Develop a plan to effectively meet sales targets by meeting or exceeding key metrics for revenue, account retention, profitability
* Learn and maintain awareness of all safety and environmental practices
* Use and maintain to company standards an assigned fleet vehicle to perform the duties and responsibilities of the job
* Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Industrial, or Mechanical), Biology, or Chemistry, or related discipline from an accredited college or university (OR a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in a product or customer support position in the Water Treatment/Water Process industry)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in customer logistics, technical sales in the water process / treatment field
* Ability and willingness to travel within territory, as required
* Ability and willingness to reside in assigned region, or within customer proximity requirements, as required
* Work frequently in a heavy industrial environment requiring use of Personal Safety Equipment and exposure to noise, dust, chemicals and other similar irritants typical of those found in refinery, chemical plants, power plants, etc., as required
* Ability and willingness to comply with stringent drug testing and background check requirements set by customer safety requirements, as required
* Basic Computer Skills including MS Office, and other software programs within a Windows environment
* To the extent that you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned / leased or rented vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Minimum of 5 years of additional experience in technical sales in Water Treatment / Water Process industry
* Ability to effectively manage time and budget or expense parameters
* Strong analytical ability
* Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
* Ability to prove sales record
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
* PLEASE NOTE: Buffalo, NY and Erie, PA are the preferred locations, however other U.S. locations may be considered.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.