What you’ll be doing...
Our financials can get a bit complicated, especially when it comes to the monthly allocation process. You’ll be using your expertise to create and execute accounting processes, analyze data, advise the team, and support your colleagues. You also may end up leading a special project or two. Our finance team is the best in the business—so come be part of the team that keeps our financial operations accurate, compliant, and running like clockwork.
This position supports general accounting reports to a Sr. Accounting Manager. A majority of the responsibilities will be to assist the sr. manager with the monthly close process and ad hoc projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Performs complex analytical assignments and prepares accounting related treatment as an individual contributor.
- Provides subject matter expertise on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to support the proper treatment for business transactions.
- Engages the team and establishes priorities for project management of related initiatives including impact on systems.
- Leads complex accounting projects with little or no direction, including development of new stakeholder reports.
- Interacts with key stakeholders outside of accounting
- Reviews and enhances the monthly balance sheet account reconciliations on an ad-hoc basis and assists senior analysts & analysts in researching differences.
- Uses their financial and accounting experience and acumen to analyze and interpret data to make any recommendations on possible courses of action as appropriate.
- Effectively engages the team to successfully complete multiple and diverse deliverables; is accountable for the related accounting treatment, completeness and accuracy of the work product.
- Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Identifies opportunities to increase the leveraging of systems and applications by the user community to enhance business systems optimization for the overall process to minimize manual work‐around and stand‐alone systems.
- Identifies and drives improvement opportunities for Accounting and works closely with either internal teams or service providers (if any) to ensure improvement opportunities are implemented.
- Responsible for escalations from internal customers and responses to customer inquiries, ensuring issue and error resolution while analyzing issue drivers and taking mitigating actions.
- Ensures adequate controls are in place over financial processes and results.
- Ensures compliance and adherence with controls for internal policies and external regulations.
- Plans and structures work activities and sets deadlines. Subsequently monitors progress on tasks
What we’re looking for...
You’ve got some accounting expertise under your belt. You’re great at making plans, giving advice, and leading teams of your peers. You are comfortable managing data from multiple sources. You can describe complex accounting concepts in a simple way, and you work well across functions.
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of FASB requirements and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Experience in the preparation of general ledgers and report query and design.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Systems experience, including managing and maintaining tables.
- Worked on continuous improvement initiatives and done root cause analysis.
- CPA certification (or are in the process of getting certified).
- Working knowledge of accounting systems like SAP, PeopleSoft, CPM/Essbase, Hyperion Financial Management, or Blackline.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.