The Senior Manufacturing Accountant will have a strong understanding of major inventory accounting principles; the ability to learn quickly, balance and prioritize responsibilities, and collaborate across organizations and timezones on an ongoing basis.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Support inventory control (IC) teams with questions and issues relating to inventory transactions, working with GPO (process team) on system related issues, assisting with urgent manual work-arounds when required.
- Work with multiple groups including AP, IC, and Buyer community to resolve return to vendor issues.
- Represent hardware accounting team in cycle count observations.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives relating to hardware accounting with other Acctg/Finance and business groups.
- Support excess and obsolete reserve analysis and calculation exercises.
- Support the supplier claims, freight damage, and customer returns processes.
- Assist with UAT testing of system upgrades and implementations, the next being Fusion.
- Represent hardware accounting team in meetings involving other Acctg/Finance groups and the business (WWOPS) designed to expedite communication between the groups, providing resolution to issues where appropriate.
- Assist with quarter close process, gathering and communicating information and data from U.S. based groups to be used for flux analysis and other commentary.
- Support and collaborate with hardware accounting team in India on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3-5 years manufacturing/inventory accounting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent MS Office skills, especially excel
- ERP experience
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Ability to collaborate with others across the organization and other internal groups
- 5 years manufacturing/inventory accounting experience
- Oracle accounting module experience
- CMA or CPA
Maintain general accounting systems, policies, and procedures to ensure that proper information is reported in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
As a member of the finance division, you will assist in accounting functions which may include general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and inter-company transactions. Maintain the general ledger to include the preparation of journal entries, analysis, reconciliation and reporting. Maintain and implement general accounting systems. Conduct account reconciliation periodically, ledger close activities, and provide accurate financial data to support management in decision making. Develop and prepare financial reports including profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements. Review and analyze inter-company transactions. Ensure all journal entries comply with internal and external audit specifications. Participate in the ongoing development and maintenance of internal procedures and processes. May participate in special projects.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Strong analytical, prioritization and communication skills in partnering with other internal groups and management. Familiarity with Excel spreadsheets is essential. Familiarity with Oracle Financials is essential. 5 years accounting experience and BA/BS degree in Accounting or equivalent. Some positions need you to be bilingual in English and Spanish or Portuguese.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.