At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities.
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers' lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company's mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
The new company would represent, as of September 30, 2015, approximately 20% of the operating earnings of MetLife and 50% of the operating earnings of MetLife's U.S. Retail Segment. The new company would have approximately $240 billion of total assets with its largest operating company, MetLife USA being one of the largest life insurers in the U.S. with GAAP equity of approx. $12 billion as of September 30, 2015, similar in size to Lincoln Financial. The new company will be focused on securing clients' financial futures by providing the best value, advice based solutions. Building upon the current U.S. Retail culture, the new company will be guided and operated by a common set of values that will focus on accountability, external and customer focus, collaboration and a strong focus and discipline on cost management. Job Location
United States : North Carolina : Charlotte Alternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not Applicable Job Description
The Emerging Actuarial Issues, Assistant Vice President is a new position being created at Brighthouse Financial. as part of the separation of the U.S. Retail business as a standalone company with US$200 billion plus of assets and capitalization of US$10 billion plus. This position will be responsible for understanding and keeping abreast of emerging actuarial topics and ensure that clear communication is established for the actuarial organization.
- Partner with existing resources in the identification and research of emerging actuarial and financial issues and laws within the industry and Brighthouse.
- Define implications of emerging issues and available Brighthouse options.
- Work with relevant professional groups on new accounting standards changes or updates.
- Communicate issues and options in a management-appropriate manner supported by detailed analytics and knowledge to relevant stakeholders.
- Attend industry meetings to remain current in profession and industry trends.
- Collaborate with other actuarial departments such as Strategic Actuarial Initiatives, o-CAM, Experience Studies and Business Data Analytics, and Valuation to assess potential impact of emerging issues.
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.
- 7+ years of work experience in various actuarial line of work.
- Experience in U.S. GAAP, Statutory and Tax reserving.
- Knowledge of valuation and financial reporting processes.
- Strong interpersonal and people/project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Finance, or related field.
Americas Region Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 13M
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.