PURPOSE OF ROLE
The primary purpose of this role is to act as a business consultant and analytics expert by translating business needs into analytic designs , performing relevant statistical analyses from an expansive set of analytic techniques , identifying insights and aligning the insights back to meaningful business intent that drives impactful and measurable recommendations . This includes responsibility for recommending expense targets and operational improvements to senior leadership for measurable savings and efficiencies , as well as working with finance peers to design & execute complex test and control methodologies for functional initiatives to ensure effective post-test decision-making that drives business outcomes . This role is critical to Lowe's as it consults directly with the business to identify key areas of opportunity for expense optimization within the company's largest expense lines through strong strategic and thought leadership that fosters an enterprise , Omni-functional view of operational optimization .
• Consults with the business to translate operational business needs into analytic designs that drive outcomes that can be implemented and measured
• Designs and implements appropriate analytic methods and mathematical modeling to understand , predict , and enhance operational processes that demonstrates deep understanding of Omni-functional value stream impacts
• Deploys results of complex analytical and mathematical modeling in a simple yet compelling message that drives and inspires action within the business and enables efficient and effective target setting
• Partners with the business and finance to set realistic , explainable and measurable targets as aligned to data driven recommendations
• Provides insightful , integrated , and relevant recommendations to senior leadership that take into consideration Omni-channel functional impacts
• Partners with peers in Finance and across the Data Analytics and Consumer Insights COE to ensure reliable , repeatable , analytically and functionally relevant test designs that ensures actionable outcomes that drive business decisions
• Presents results of test & learns in a simple and compelling manner with closure to the initiating business questions and objectives
• Synthesizes analytic output , recommendations , test designs and outputs in a manner that connects learnings and actions across disparate functional business areas that can drive a Omni-functional lens for strategic and operational decision-making
• Presents synthesized results to senior leadership in a simple , compelling , and operationally-relevant message that drives action
• Develops and implements analytical best practices , as well as explores new and innovative data and techniques that can be applied at Lowe's retail operations
• Coaches and mentors analysts , delegates work by aligning to skillsets and capacity to deliver analytics insights that are relevant , actionable and on-time to the business , on a project by project basis .
Bachelor's Degree in Statistics , Econometrics , Information Sciences , Operations Research / analytics , Applied Quantitative or related field
6+ years of e xperience in applied advanced analytical role ; 6 of which are years of experience working with analytic tools ( e.g ., R, SAS Base , OR, Enterprise Miner , Enterprise Guide , Hadoop , Teradata Aster ) and performing advanced data modeling , data mining and exploratory data analysis , with particularly focus on optimization , graph / network analytics , forecasting , simulation )
Master's Degree in Statistics , Econometrics , Information Sciences , Operations Research / analytics , Applied Quantitative or related field
4+ years of e xperience in an applied advanced analytic role
Prior experience leading people directly or indirectly
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States , Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C. , Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.