Lead Analyst, External Reporting
In accordance with US GAAP and Company Policies & Procedures, prepares various financial reports and disclosures for shareholders, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other governmental agencies and departments. The position works closely with various departments, including Corporate Tax, Corporate Treasury and Corporate Consolidations along with business unit accounting teams.
1. Assists in the preparation of the Annual Report on Form 10-K and Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q.
2. Assists in the preparation of various other financial statement required for Irish Company reporting and debt reporting.
3. Coordinates external reporting matters with various corporate departments and Business Unit personnel.
4. Prepares internal management monthly financial review package to be reviewed with the CFO and Corporate Controller.
5. Assists in the preparation of corporate initiated transactions and ensure the transactions are properly recorded.
6. Assists the Corporate Consolidation team with month-end close tasks as needed.
7. Prepares special reports and analyses, and assists with special projects as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
• CPA certification preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of US GAAP standards
• Minimum three years of relevant experience.
• Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and a drive to achieve both short term and long term results.
• Ability to meet firm deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
• Knowledge of and experience with computerized financial systems, including personal computer systems, Excel, Windows and other mainframe or PC based general ledger and related software. Experience with HFM desirable.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.