At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
- The position requires constant communication with colleagues. Must be a self-starter and motivated. Ability to take high-level or ambiguous technical requirements and drive out clear deliverables
- Review business requirements, suggest and indicate technology solutions
- Manage and monitor system and applications performance then make recommendations on how to improve where needed
- Follow, adheres and support Exelon policies and procedures, including IT related procedures and processes for assigned activities
- Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope to apply your expertise to various technical challenges
- Resolve system problems in a timely manner to ensure high availability of systems
- Provide analytical support and assist users in defining KPI, scorecards and performance metrics
- Very little travel and after hours work but may be required at times
- Experience in full life cycle software development and deployment
- Technical aptitude, experienced web developer
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc. . . ) is needed to be successful in this position.
- Experience with Oracle and MS SQL Server DBMS
- General production support including SQL querying databases, creating reports, SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Analysis Services report creation running recurring reports, etc.
- Data Investigation and reporting
- Extracts data from operational systems and reporting databases using a variety of tools, including SSIS. Ability to understand and identify relationships within the data and between databases, understands requirements of the customer, and the location of required data. Validates accuracy of the results and able to provide meaningful insights
- Develops and executes SQL scripts to resolve production issues and create reports
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
- Completes functional, technical and data quality testing on assigned projects
- Communicates status clearly and timely to management and other team members.
- Provides accurate time reporting and reasonable estimates for work efforts.
- Hands-on experience with Data Warehousing, Metadata management, OLAP engines and models, Star Schema, ETL tools and Multidimensional reporting databases
- Strong technical aptitude
- Experience in application development using Microsoft VB. NET, MS Visual Studio and Unix development tools
- Strong SQL data analysis and query development
- Experience performing data analytics in finance area
- Experienced in Hyperion Essbase development
- Experience with SharePoint development
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor