At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
----- Position may be located at locations in either IL, MD or PA -----
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Lead Analyst is responsible for developing and implementing programs to evaluate the regional entity
s adherence to the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) CIP Rules of Procedure, Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Program, specifically as it pertains to the CIP security standards. CIP Standards provide cyber security framework for protection of computer systems supporting reliable operation of Bulk Electric System. CIP Lead Analyst will provide direction to a small team and oversee execution of small projects. This position reports to the manager of CIP Operations. CIP Operations is a central Exelon organization which promotes collaboration, shared learning, and the identification of best practices in support of the Exelon NERC CIP program. The position will interface with stakeholders supporting NERC CIP program across Exelon, including various IT organizations, transmission and generation business organizations and associated compliance teams and legal.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide compliance guidance and direction to the CIP compliance staff.
- Develop and implement oversight programs to evaluate the regional entity
s adherence to the NERC Rules of Procedure and Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Program.
- Develop and maintain consistency in compliance documents. Compile, edit & finalize completed audit documents for annual Self-Assessment and Regulatory Submissions. Participate in regional entity CIP compliance program audits.
- Develop detailed material, information and tools to improve consistency in CIP program and compliance monitoring.
- Perform quality assurance of evidence and provide support to compliance investigations.
- Provide technical expertise in support of IT teams and transmission and generation Operations Technology teams performing NERC CIP compliance activities. Execute and provide support for compliance activities (Security Patch Management, Vulnerability Assessment, and Change Management, Malicious Code Prevention, Recovery Drill Support, etc. )
- Assist in the ongoing development and improvement of NERC compliance monitoring and enforcement program policies, procedures, rules, etc.
- Develop recommendations to improve the regional compliance program process.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field.
- Technical understanding of information systems, platforms and IT operating procedures.
- Ability to manage and solve complex problems.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- An advanced degree and/or studies in information technology, cyber security, engineering, auditing or risk management preferred.
- Project management skills.
- Audit or enforcement experience.
- Understanding of NERC CIP Reliability Standards.
- Understanding of SCADA and the bulk power system.
- Performs this service in support of CIP Operations.
- Works independently under manager guidance and follows standard procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor