At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Primary Purpose of Position
- Lead the client engagement and primary IT interface to Exelon Corporate Communications in the development of technology solutions and support of IT services and products. Partner with Manager in the development of a strategic technology plan and project investment strategy that meets core business needs while leveraging standard enterprise architectures.
- Develop and support technology solutions by understanding business processes, technology needs and business requirements. Translate business requirements into appropriate technology solutions. Work with client organizations to justify and prioritize small to medium sized projects (i.e. $500K - $2M).
- Lead the maintenance and enhancements of applications and systems that support Corporate Communications. Maintain strategic relationship with key IT vendors and manage IT vendor contracts that support Corporate Communications.
Primary Duties and Accountabilities
- Maintain relationships with business clients, ensure business processes and requirements are identified and well understood, promote next generation technologies that drive investment and technology strategy for the Corporate Communications portfolio. (20%)
- Manage relationships with system integration vendors to deliver projects of high complexity and significant size and change management challenges. (30%)
- Manage the maintenance, support, and minor enhancement of applications and systems of a product portfolio that delivers world-class performance and service. (15%)
- Partner with business clients to justify and prioritize small project investments and manage the delivery and execution of small to medium projects. (15%)
- Drive process improvement and lead adoption of standard Management Model processes and procedures, which deliver sustainable top quartile cost and performance levels.(15%)
- Manage budgets. (5%)
- Demonstrated experience with social media analytics, mobile application, intranet and internet site development
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering).
- Typically 5 or more years of experience leading solutions development at the technical lead level or higher.
- At least 5 years of experience in the following technologies:
- SharePoint design and complex development, Azure, data analytics and mobile app development.
- Content Management systems and ancillary technologies with focus on SharePoint design and complex development both on premise and Online.
- Experience with building applications on Office 365 , Azure/AWS and related cloud technologies, Web Analytics, Oracle, SQL Server, .NET Development, C#,
- Experience with social media platform integration and Marketing tools (HubSpot, Superfast, Meltwater, Brand Intelligence etc.).
- Experience with and deep knowledge of the business processes. Previous hands on experience with business applications and/or the product portfolio.
- Demonstrated strategy planning and customer engagement skills and experience leading people through change.
- Excellent consultative skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation. Advanced interpersonal skills, communications skills, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to present and discuss complex technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding and approval.
- Total Staff Managed: None
- Vendor Management Team engagement: 5
- Business Partner engagement: Up to VP level
- Budget Managed: $700K
- Impact of this position on company performance is Medium. This position will be directly responsible for the company internet and intranet as well as other applications that impact the entire Corporation.
- Reports to a Manager.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.