At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The candidate should have five to eight years of Reporting and Analytics Infrastructure experience with expertise in Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Databases, ETL technologies, and Data Warehousing.
The candidate will work with the IT Business Intelligence functional teams to capture and prioritize all reporting requests for the business units and address any data, process, or technical issues that inhibit the business needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Build, configure, and maintain a OBIEE platform in a UNIX environment
- Manage the settings, server, web-catalog, log parameter files, promotion of data repositories associated with OBIEE
- Start-up and shutdown the Oracle Business Intelligence Suite application servers and web servers
- Managing OBIEE repository, security setup, system patching/upgrades, migrations of Web Catalog objects (Dashboard, Pages, Folders, Reports)
- Configuration of Presentation Services and BI Services
- Troubleshoot issues raised by users and provide timely resolutions
- Maintain and configure WebLogic to support the Business Intelligence platform
- Maintain RPD and changes/migrations
- Should be able to work on an on call rotation and work off hours to perform system maintenance and enhancements.
- Ability to make sound decisions and work well under pressure
- Physical & Logical architecture design understanding in OBIEE
- Perform capacity planning and requirement analysis, captures, and documentation regarding technical needs
- Develop, create, and document technical architecture and specifications
- Develops and maintains disaster recovery strategy
- Assist with improving performance of infrastructure systems and end user
experience. Work collaboratively with internal and external resources to support and enhance the existing BI architecture. Work closely with the Infrastructure server teams regarding hardware
- 5-8 years of experience working on a team responsible for designing, building, configuration, and maintaining a OBIEE solution
- Minimum of 4 yrs. UNIX command line experience
- Experience in OBIEE RPD merges process
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent education required
- Strong SQL Skills
- Understanding of OBIEE, ETL, and Data Migration
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to manage several timetables successfully in a collaborative environment
- Relationship-builder and collaborator/team player
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Data Validation and Testing experience
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.