Eaton’s Cooper Power Systems Division is seeking a Lead Application Engineer. This position is located at our Waukesha, WI facility.
The Lead Application Engineer is a professional who is engaged in marketing activities of the organization and plays a crucial role in promoting the products and services of the organization. This specialist researches the market and works towards marketing the products so that the company earns maximum revenue. The Lead Application Engineer has the ability to clearly articulate the technical differentiators of a product and work with Product Management teams to continually improve the products. This Engineer is a liaison between Sales and Engineering.
- Participate in developing long term Strategies, Marketing material for business reviews, Order forecasts, and other related business management processes for Voltage Regulator Product portfolio
- Perform detailed specification reviews. Serve as the technical specialist for the organization in the application of the product.
- Analyze application trends, product trends, and the market potential for product innovation. Attend key industry meetings as identified by sales management, internal management or as needed to improve the business.
- Write research papers and/or white papers for publication and presentation at conferences. Work closely with design and development engineering to create technical presentations for new products and product applications. Develop and give technical presentations.
- Understand quotation and order process. Understand special applications and train how to quote them. Provide product application and technical assistance to quotations groups, customer service and sales force.
- Create and conduct sales force training on new products and applications. Develop regional meeting presentations. Work with product marketing, customer service and sales management to assure all customer needs and expectations are defined and met.
- Establish and maintain strong professional and interpersonal relationships with customers. Visit key customers and distributors to cultivate relationships and understand customer needs.
- Develop strong understanding of customer’s operation and application. Meet with customers at factory to discuss product scopes, product innovation, and product issues. Tour customers through the factories to review product scope, manufacturing facilities and the associated processes as part of customer audits and witness testing.
- Participate in Alliance process at various accounts. Respond to customer complaints on product non-conformance as generated by Warranty and VRSupport.
- Participate as marketing representative in new product project teams as assigned. Participate in master production planning projects. Participate in achieving market share, profit, and growth objectives through standardization and cost control strategies.
- Develop procedures and tools to improve the business and processes. Identify business improvement opportunities and recommends changes to management.
- Assist in directing product promotional activities on Global level to achieve increased market coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in engineering, marketing, or sales
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Waukesha, WI will be considered.
- Knowledge of electric power distribution products, their components, typical applications, equipment, systems and industry standards
- Knowledge of engineering principles and procedures
- Knowledge of market segments, pricing models, distribution channels, technology trends, and buying patterns
- Very detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and written skills with the ability to effectively communicate. Must be able to effectively interface with a variety of technical fields
- Action oriented and energetic resulting in market share growth, superior Sales and customer relationships
- New product development contributor
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Business, or Engineering from an accredited institution
- Fluency in Spanish and Portuguese
- Strong computer skills, database knowledge, and ability to use Microsoft Office tools (or equivalent) to analyze and solve routine problems
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.