GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Regions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Oil & Gasfuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today's toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future. GE Oil & Gas is a "fullstream" company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge - the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today's era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge - the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry's changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We're at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to
fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter@GE_OilandGas.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Application Engineer Specialist
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Lead Application Engineer Specialist leads projects and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to the business or is a recognized expert in a specialized field. In this role you will be responsible for major and complex assignments with long-term business implications, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
In the role of Lead Application Engineer Specialist you will:
* Provide technical expertise to Sales and Commercial Operations in selecting, implementing, and developing competitive product applications and solutions
* Be responsible for delivering revenue commitments
* Estimate GE equipment and system performance, hardware, and price for budgetary estimates
* Assess competitive system performance and hardware evaluation throughout the entire bid process
* Support bid reviews and proposal clarification meetings.
* Perform cycle and equipment comparisons to establish economically optimum / GE preferred cycle and configuration with involvement of and communication to the commercial teams and application engineers
* Respond to various technical questions regarding products and systems solutions
* Develop and maintain documentation of processes and information used within the evaluation, analysis and pricing group for the purposes of ensuring consistency, sharing of information among team members, and training of leadership program resources
* Coordinate effective utilization of training program resources to assist the team wherever appropriate
* Provide performance data and hardware definition and work with Engineering and Sales to assure technical support of proposals •
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
* Minimum of 4 years' experience in an Engineering or Sales Support role.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong negotiation skills
* Ability to provide technical direction and training for leadership program candidates
* Six Sigma training is preferred (GE employees only)
* Prior experience dealing with international customers in an engineering, marketing, sales, projects or customer service position is preferred
* Prior experience with customer specifications review, proposal development, and contract development and negotiations is preferred
* Knowledge of the application and requisition process
* Strong oral and written communication skills • Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Oil & Gas!
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.