GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Information Technology
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Architect (Oracle eBusiness Suite)
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Deep technical expert who is responsible for the overall design, development, documentation, operations and integration of the available technology environment/frameworks within the Renewable Energy Shared Service Organization. Develops a business solution/IT service area across Oracle. Interacts with IT analysts to oversee and support execution of technical projects and/or complete developments in the area of Oracle Applications, as well as support Operations on same solutions in production.
The Lead Architect will:
* Manage and own solution design, development, testing & migration of Finance Shared Services and Enterprise Standards solutions through the delivery lifecycle
* Manage and own production support issues and tickets through Service Now with P and L Operations Teams, following established procedures and processes, including Change Control Boards, maintaining key relationships across multiple teams
* Reconcile tracking mechanisms and ticket details across multiple platforms, including Service Now, ALM, Excel and Box repository
* Maintain documentation in key repositories across multiple projects
* Operates as Primary Leader and contact for our Regional Asia Oracle instance serving multiple P&L's and Operating Units, acting as key liaison and coordinator for our Shared Services IT team in providing support and communication
* Operates as Primary Leader and contact for our US based Oracle instances serving 2 key P&L's and their operating units, acting as key liaison and coordinator for our Shared Services IT team in providing support and communication
* Identify critical path decisions, makes recommendations and influences program leaders and business process owners to maximize project payback
* Manage daily activities, issue resolution and communication across project execution teams in order to deliver projects on-time, on-budget, as-requested by customer
* Maintain peer relationships across IT areas (infrastructure, operations, technical, vendor etc.) to lead effective troubleshooting, root cause analysis, Service Request interactions, patch assessment, patch scanning, request patch application, verification and re testing
* Maintain peer relationships across IT and functional areas (infrastructure, operations, technical, vendor, PMO, businesses, etc.) to lead global projects, support global production buy to pay system, including effective troubleshooting, root cause analysis and creation of effective solutions
* Maintain repository of all ERP processes design and execution
* Align ERP design strategy with GE standards where applicable
* Maximize utilization of ERP applications core functionalities and simplify / reduce customizations
* Follow GE Six-Sigma Tollgate process and contribute to Tollgate deliverables (dpMM)
* Partner with and manage contracted resources with applicable expertise in Oracle Financials to execute on deliverables
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Finance/Accounting, Computer Science, Mathematics or similar, OR minimum 10 years of relevant IT work experience
* Minimum 7 years of experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite (EBS - AR, AP, PO, GL, CM, iSupplier, iProc, SLA, FAH, Fixed Assets) in 11i/R12
* Minimum 7 years of experience in Oracle ERP (Development, Testing, Implementations) development or implementation or production support projects
* Minimum 7 years of experience with developing / maintaining / supporting RICEW components including PL/SQL, forms / reports, workflows customizations, SOA, ADF, interface file processing techniques, SQL Loader, development techniques, triggers, stored procedures, performance tuning and data archiving
* Minimum 5 years of Technical Project Management experience with good understanding of Oracle's AIM methodology and waterfall / agile methodology of software development
* Minimum 7 years of experience in developing, designing, debugging & performance tuning PL / SQL and SQL queries with good understanding of Oracle ERP's E-R diagram, table structure and ability to create ad hoc queries
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Oracle ERP CEMLI Customization and Data Migration experience
* Experience with software development and infrastructure change management, release management, production support and source code configuration control
* Strong Technical / Functional knowledge of PL / SQL tuning techniques, patch application, Metalink and SR support
* Strong leadership & organizational skills with proven ability to partner closely with finance team to drive ongoing improvements
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Experience working in a global, matrixed environment
* Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities
* Demonstrated customer focus, valuates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships and creates processes with customer viewpoint
* Strong analytical skills strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve
* Change oriented actively generates process improvements; supports and drives change, and confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways
* Experience with other third party applications such as Sabrix, GECARS, Master Data a plus
* Understands, promotes and adheres to security and SoX compliance policies and processes
* Maintain relationships across IT and functional areas (infrastructure, operations, technical, vendor, PMO, businesses, etc.) to deliver projects.
* Advise GE Businesses, IT and Functional leaders on how to apply Oracle ERP technology solutions to critical businesses processes and requirements
* Project Management Institute (PMI) certifications preferred
* Excellent leadership, project management and strategic thinking skills, and a proven ability to collaborate and communicate well with senior staff
* GreenBelt / Black Belt Certified (internal candidates)
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.