Lead Artist, Unannounced Project
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced Lead Artist to help us guide the art vision and development for a new game experience for mobile. Your goal is to meld great art with great gameplay by leading the art team, creating production artwork, and actively communicating and thriving on a small team.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Working closely with art, design, and production leadership to uphold the vision and art quality of the game while also implementing a plan for creating all game art content
- Authoring final art content for the game through concepting, modeling, texturing, animation, FX, or UI
- Interviewing and staffing the art team with highly talented artists who are a cultural fit for the team and company
- Coordinating and working with outsource and freelance artists to help accomplish the goals of the art team.
- Helping establish and maintain the technical requirements for authoring game art content for the mobile platform
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in game development using tools like Maya and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- You have experience shipping a game as an art lead or art director where you helped oversee the quality, scheduling, and implementation of a large portion of the art team.
- You have a broad understanding of how 3D and 2D art including tech art, modeling, texturing, rigging, animation, and FX contribute to the overall art vision of a game.
- You know how to author production ready game art and specialize in at least one area of concept art, modeling and texturing, animation, FX or UI.
- You've hired exceptionally talented artists onto a team and helped them "learn and grow" through constructive art feedback and coaching.
- You have the technical aptitude to learn new tools and establish new art pipelines as needed to get things done
- You love to collaborate but you can be highly independent when needed. Creating epic entertainment experiences is a team effort and you thrive when exploring ideas and working with others, especially on a small and nimble team.
- You geek out about being able to communicate with artists, designers, and engineers.
- You love video games, movies, animation, and you love dissecting them and taking them to the next level through your creations.
- You have a passion for Blizzard games and understand the unique approach to creating content for our game universes.
- Avid player of mobile games
- A passion for gameplay and design discussion
- Unity and mobile development experience
- Portfolio - Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog, or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
- An art test may be required
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.