We're a scrappy team at Blizzard Entertainment and we're looking for an experienced Lead Artist to establish the vision and define the look and feel of a new mobile experience. The Lead Artist will work closely with the team's designers and technical artists to provide visual solutions to design challenges and create finished assets. Are you a visual inferno with a strong sense of design and the ability to render highly-detailed concepts? Are you eager to openly collaborate and wear many hats on a small, agile team? Are you into the idea of spreading your goodness through all aspects of a project? Then we want to hear from you!Responsibilities
- Help establish the visual identity for an unannounced mobile experience
- Work closely with the Design and UI teams to create high-quality assets from concept to finish
- Create environmental concepts that include landscape and architectural designs, props, and occasional mood paintings
- Create original character and object concepts for every aspect of the project
- Create concepts and textures for visual effects
- Excellent illustration skills, deep understanding of composition, anatomy, color theory, values, form, shape language, and silhouette
- Able to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished illustration and to full implementation, if needed
- Has owned the artistic vision of a project, from concept to shipped game
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-oriented attitude
- Strong understanding of digital content creation tools such as
- Adobe Photoshop and Corel Painter
- A passion for video games
- Understanding of the distinctive Blizzard Entertainment visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
Required Application Materials
- Experience modeling and texturing 3D assets using Autodesk 3ds Max and Adobe Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs) for game projects
- Working knowledge of 3D art techniques and software packages such as Autodesk Maya, Autodesk 3ds Max, or Zbrush
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including, but not limited to: figure drawing, landscape painting, and illustrationYou embrace your inner geek, be it through esports, cosplay, tabletop wargaming, or whatever else that ignites your passion
- Cover letter
- Portfolio - Only digital applications will be accepted, such as a website, blog, or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.