A 12+ month contract Lead Backend Engineer job in Mountain View,CA is currently available through Adecco Engineering and Technology. The salary for this job role is up to $109.59 per hour.
Client's Advanced Technology and Projects group is looking for superstar game developers to help create the future of mobile entertainment. The product uses a smartphone's rich input sensor suite to provide an accessible, highly social experience to enjoy with family and friends. Here at ATAP, we tackle tough problems with incredibly talented teams. We are a fast-paced group that builds groundbreaking new products, as quickly as possible.
As a Lead Backend Engineer, you will direct the design and development for a cross-platform, shared server framework that will support large social engagement through shared gameplay. This position works closely with art, design, and production team members. This role is responsible for all backend architecture, execution, and tools needed to keep the product's services up and running. You will work with the tool, prototyping, and core framework teams to improve the product's content pipeline and overall stability. You will have a critical eye for improvements across our application technology and process: workflow, code quality, stability, and performance.
Lead Backend Engineer job responsibilities include:
• Lead the server engineering team with close direction of the Director of Engineering.
• Propose, design, and implement services to help manage large amounts of user data for multiplayer gaming.
• Create & maintain tools to improve scalability, performance, system health, load balancing, latency, security, and all other factors involved in a large-scale online game backend.
• Support the client engineering teams to develop new application features.
• Help enforce coding standards, monitor code quality and performance to ensure the product runs optimally and at scale.
• Function as an integral member of the engineering team, creating services to allow users to play together
• Minimum of 8 years (3+ as a lead) developing high traffic, multiplayer, server solutions.
• Heavy experience with modern backend technologies: like Java + Google Compute/App Engine or other cloud architecture, like AWS / EC2, LAMP stack, Scala, etc.
• Experience with scalable NoSQL solutions.
• Knowledge of large scale infrastructure and elder user issues, including: performance, growth, and load spike issues.
• Experience with large social graph datasets.
• Experience with technical issues related to multiplayer mobile gaming - synchronization, intermittent connectivity, client/server, dead reckoning, user accounts, etc.
• Familiarity with common server stack paradigms (MEAN vs. LAMP vs. Rails vs...) and the pros and cons of each.
• Willing and able to work under tight deadlines to deliver products on time.
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skill.
• Experience with cross-platform, shared server development environments and the issues that come along with them.
• Can work on site in Mountain View
Nice to have qualifications:
• BA/BS/MS Computer Science or related field.
• Heavy experience with NoSQL solutions like Google Cloud solutions, Couchbase, etc.
• Working knowledge of load testing methodology.
• Comfortable context switching in order to support multiple projects.
• Experience with one or more public cloud services (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure).
• Working knowledge of build and release process and tools (git, P4, Jenkins, CI).
• Some experience with client side server integration.
• Some familiarity with most aspects of game development: art generation, engineering, design, scripting, QA, marketing.
• Understanding of mobile economies, Free to Play mechanics and design concepts.
If you are interested in this Lead Backend Engineer job inMountain View,CA then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technical go to www.adeccousa.com.
If you have questions about the position or would like more information please contact Mae Murphy at 408-481-9049 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.