BS/BA or Associates Degree, Degree in other discipline (or lack of degree) may be considered if sufficient technical depth has been achieved from professional experience
3-6 years prior manufacturing experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
Large Scale Purification experience preferred
Experience working in a large scale cGMP Purification Manufacturing.
Knowledge in the following: CIP, SIP, SOP, cGMP, TFF/ Tangential Flow Filtration, UF/DF, Chromatography columns, Column packing, A280 Spectrophotometry, , Virus filtration, Depth Filtration, Bulk Filtration, Aseptic technique, and, Filter integrity testing.
Experience with operating with Unicorn and Delta V systems.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team, lead teams and implement project plans on time and on budget.
Strong verbal and written skills.
Must be able to follow detailed processing instructions as well as accurately documenting all necessary documentation.
Ability to work a shift that covers a 24/7 operation
Ability to lift and carry materials weighing as much as 50lbs.
Why GSK? Because GSK's Biopharm business vision is to leverage its experience and technical capabilities to launch, supply, and manage Biopharmaceutical products around the world. It will fulfill GSK's Mission to Do More, Feel Better, and Live Longer by living its values: Integrity: Always doing the right thing; Commitment to the Patient: Making the Patient the #1 Priority; Customer Service: Commit to delivering on promises to internal & external customers; Compliance - Being accountable for quality and safety.
GSK Biopharm in Rockville MD has an opening for a Lead Biopharm Manufacturing Associate. In this role, you will perform production operations including fermentation or cell culture operations, preparation of media and buffer solutions, chromatographic separation, filtration and concentration operation, etc as well as being involved in both start-up and product changeover activities. Will be responsible for completing daily manufacturing tasks as well as supporting more in-depth, long term projects.
Key Responsibilities include the following:
• Operation of Bioprocess Equipment under strict adherence to and enforce cGMP, OSHA and polices and regulations, or others as required.
• Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills as demonstrated by a consistent track record of solutions to technical problems within large scale cGMP Purification Manufacturing.
• Ability to perform the following operations: CIP, SIP, SOP, cGMP, Tangential Flow Filtration, UF/DF, Chromatography columns, Column packing, A280 Spectrophotometry, ,Virus filtration, Depth Filtration, Bulk Filtration, Aseptic technique, and, Filter integrity testing.
• Monitors critical process parameters
• Draft and revise SOPs and Batch Records as necessary
• Documenting all manufacturing activities clearly and accurately.
• Trains new and less experienced team members.
• Conduct relevant process, cGMP and safety training
• Effectively troubleshoot equipment and processing problems
• Actively participates in the creation and revision of Batch Records, Standard Operating Procedures and other GMP documents.
• Maintains a high level of mechanical and technical aptitude and training.
• During technical transfer and the start up activities, provide input on design and operation of equipment.
• Ensures all production activities are completed in a safe and compliant manor.
• Leads the production team as required in the absence of senior staff.
• Lead resolution of technical and process problems, initiate change control for equipment/process modifications
• Lead closure of process deviations, investigations and corrective actions
• Lead new production projects, develop commissioning plans and author commissioning documents
• Member/Lead of project teams for technical transfer or new product scale-up
• Work on problems of advanced scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable and unknown factors
• Identify, develop and implement process improvements, equipment improvements/upgrades
• Monitor and audit work processes to ensure compliance and completion of targets
• Will work with some hazardous materials under the appropriate safety procedures
• Receive, stage and track materials
• In conjunction with Supervisor, insure completion of daily operations
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.