Global Travel delivers innovative solutions through sourcing & supplier management to implement efficient processes, optimize spend, ensure traveler safety, mitigate risk and meet Oracle business requirements.
As an organization we have a number of key priorities:
- Deliver quality service & suppliers to our employee traveling population.
- Deliver cost savings through reducing Total Cost of Ownership
- Maintain a continuous focus on traveler safety & security
- Ensure compliance to the program as per T&E policy
- To recruit, retain and develop a high performance organization.
- To compliment and 'add value' to other Oracle LOB's and geographies
- Ensure a common understanding of our Business priorities across all regions
The Lead Category Manager, Global Travel Sourcing will have a role in working across the Global Travel team and working toward the strategies and objectives that support program KPI's, and monitoring the progress thereafter.
The Lead Category Manager, Global Travel Sourcing reports directly to the Director Global Travel Sourcing and GPO. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for various sourcing activities within the Global Travel Program
- Identify, negotiate & contract with Travel Program suppliers
- Tracks to organizational KPI's across supplier base
- Responsible for analyzing spend patterns in an effort to improve supplier offerings, pricing and/or process efficiency across the Program.
- Mange supplier relationships
- Assesses overall Global performance for all stakeholders with relevant management information (e.g., performance against KPIs, trend analysis).
- Regular interaction and collaboration with sourcing and operations teams.
- Educated to Degree Level. BA/BS
- More than 5 years of experience and strong track record in Procurement
- Travel industry experience and knowledge a plus
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong business ethics
- Systems and process oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Pro-active behavior, good organization and time management
- Services and business oriented
- Excellent virtual and in person presentation skills
Responsible for obtaining materials, components, equipment, and services while ensuring the best quality at the best value.
As a member of Oracle*s International Electronic eBusiness Center, you will consolidate, negotiate and manage a regional supply base. interface between our regional subsidiaries, suppliers, and/or Corporate Finance team. Place, expedite, and status orders daily in accordance with Oracle*s Global Purchasing/Finance policy. Monitor the cost, schedule, and scope of assigned standard and nonstandard contracts. Manage supplier invoice holds. Analyze global spending trends and recommend cost saving opportunities. Identify, propose and initiate implementation of process efficiencies/improvements. May provide feedback to Product Development on product usability. May assist in training of new buyers and end users.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Extensive commodity knowledge, excellent written and oral communication, customer service, computer and negotiation skills, and ability to multitask. 5 year experience and BS/BA degree or equivalent.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.