About Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital is a 474 bed acute care hospital in the heart of Silicon Valley, with two locations, the main campus in San Jose, California and the Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos, California. Recognized nationally for quality and safety, it has an 'A' from The Leapfrog Group and has been voted a "Family Favorite" hospital for more than ten years. It is one of only ten hospitals nationwide to be awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer four consecutive times. Good Samaritan is a leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, advanced cardiology and innovative surgery techniques, and is a Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center and an accredited Chest Pain Center.
We're hiring top talent today to join an outstanding, hardworking Clinical Lab team specializing in the Blood Bank Department that strive for excellence in servicing our patients at Good Samaritan Hospital. Interested in joining this team? Apply online now. Schedule: 1.0 (40 hours per week) Shift: Days with rotating weekends Internal Posting Period: 11/10/16 - 11/16/16
Performs, as assigned, all technical, analytical, clerical, and quality assurance tasks and duties associated with laboratory testing. Acts as a resource and educator for other Clinical Lab Scientists, other laboratory staff, and hospital personnel. Represents department to accreditation and governmental surveyors. Accepts in-charge duties as assigned.Qualifications: Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Current State of California Department of Health Services Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) License.
- College degree in Biological Sciences (BA or BS).
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions. Must effectively read, write and verbally communicate in the English language.
- Ability to learn and utilize computerized patient care management systems.
- Strong organizational skills, practical and current knowledge in all appropriate laboratory disciplines, current knowledge of all applicable laboratory regulations (JCAHO, CUA, OSHA, CAP, etc.).
- Demonstrates ability to exercise responsible independent judgment, initiative, ability to complete assignments thoroughly without supervision, problem-solving capabilities.
- Three (3) years or more experience as a CLS II at Good Samaritan Hospital preferred.
- Five (5) years experience in Clinical Laboratory.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom