Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world. Job Description
The Cloud Design & On-boarding group is part of the Operational & Infrastructure organization and is responsible for road-map, architecture, design and on-boarding of Visa's Private Cloud Platform. The Cloud Design & On-boarding group is accountable for delivering Infrastructure & Platform solutions for Visa's internal applications, supporting all 'verticals' at Visa with broadly applicable 'horizontal' solutions and shared infrastructures, which align to Visa's Technology Road-map.
The Lead Cloud Engineer (
Lead Systems Engineer) position is an individual contributor role. He/she will work as in interface between Developers, Engineers, Operations and Support staffs. He/she is passionate about architecting, designing and developing Cloud solutions. The Lead Cloud Engineer
position requires expert level proficiency in technology and architecture, hands-on coding skills, and ability to translate high-level business requirements into technology execution.
A strong candidate will have:
- Use DevOps/Agile as the core philosophy for software development/delivery versus doing development with DevOps/Agile as an add-on/afterthought
- Agile software delivery process using JIRA (including breaking down work into modular tasks, updating/tracking task status/work log entries for sprint management), Stash/Git (source code management including branching strategy, code review), Jenkins (automated builds, automated unit test cases, sonarqube analysis) and Chef/Ansible (auto deployment using zero down time application deployment techniques).
- Domain based design / micro-services development on cloud computing platform like AWS or cloud foundry
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional/Business Requirements, High Level Architecture, System Requirements, Design Documents, Wireframe, etc
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of product owner, project managers
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Serves as the conduit between the business/customer community and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology, support and IT development teams
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree from an accredited university
- 8+ years leading, designing, architecting, deploying, and/or on-boarding private/hybrid/public cloud solutions leveraging technologies like OpenStack, Chef, Ansible, AngularJS, NoSQL database, web/app server
- Real-live experience deploying applications to the Cloud Platform
- Real-live experience with Docker/Contatiner
- Experience writing requirements/specifications, configuring, deploying and testing OpenStack
- Hands-on experience in prototyping, proving, and building solutions using Open Source, Java, .NET, Ruby, Chef/Puppet/Ansible
- Hands-on experience in SDLC, requirements and specifications engineering, solution architecture, design, development, integration, software testing and deployment
- Experience developing or operating enterprise applications at scale
- Broad set of technical skills and knowledge across hardware, software, systems and solutions development and a across more than one technical domain
- Real world IT or other solutions environments including creating (on your own or with a team) a product or IT solution in the area of middleware technologies (application server, web server, distributed cache, message queuing, BI, API management, service registry)
- Demonstrated ability to quickly perform proof-of-concepts for validating new technology or approach
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to present high level concepts to executives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the proven ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Strong experience with the ITIL framework, particularly Incident, Change, and Problem Management
- Certified Cloud Architect for leading Cloud provides (AWS, Azure, Salesforce) is a plus
- Experience with Fraud Management, Payment and/or Credit Card processing is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.