What you will do
As a critical part of the Johnson Controls team, the Lead Commercial Installer works onsite with our commercial customers to set up and program their Johnson Controls fire and security systems (Video Cameras, Burglar Alarms, Access Control Systems, Fire Alarm Systems). The Lead Commercial Installer also dismantles and reconstructs equipment when necessary How you will do it
What we look for Required
- Installs appropriate devices; dismantles and reconstructs equipment as required by customer or Johnson Controls.
- Conducts service calls and prewires job sites
- Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation debris.
- Contacts customers prior to the date of scheduled installation to verify schedule.
- Prepares estimates in accordance with prescribed instructions or directions of supervisor.
- Follows proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures. Tests operation of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service. Reads building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
- Coordinates installations with police/fire departments and handles necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
- May manage installation teams on larger projects.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 5 year's experience installing and inspecting/repairing Tyco Integrated Security or comparable product line.
- Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Ability to unload ladder from fleet vehicle and climb ladder.
- Ability to operate fleet vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
- Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service.
- Valid driver's license.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.