The Global Procurement organization delivers sourcing, supplier management, and contract negotiation services to optimize spend and mitigate risk for Oracle. The Organization delivers these services globally in all countries where Oracle conducts business. The Organization has a dedicated contracts team (Procurement Contracts Team) that reviews, negotiates and manages contracts for the procurement of goods and services for internal use at Oracle. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Position will have project lead role.
- Review, draft and negotiate standard and non-standard contracts and supplier agreements, generally of high-level complexity for various services to mitigate Oracle's risk and ensure compliance with Oracle legal guidelines and procurement policy with minimal managerial oversight or intervention.
- Validate all aspects of contract packages for accuracy and compliance with Oracle's business practices and internal approvals.
- Draft executive approval requests for key legal clauses, including summary of business issues.
- Interface with lines of business/subsidiaries to understand unique requirements and opportunities to better tailor current processes and documents to end users' needs.
- Prepare contract status reports and complete contract log processing
- Extensive contracts knowledge.
- Polished written and oral communication.
- Excellent customer service attitude, Personal motivation, organized, detail-oriented and refined time management skills.
- Highly cultivated interpersonal skills and a proven ability to build relationships with and influence individuals both up and down the organizational hierarchy.
- Comfortable with exercising independent judgment.
- Excellent analytical and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Experience negotiating Co-Location, data center and telecom network agreements (desirable but not required)
- Experience with Oracle applications (desirable but not required).
- Experience with contract management applications.
- Prior experience in IT or software industry.
- Work independently and demonstrate sound judgment under high stress, time critical deadlines.
- Proven project leadership experience.
- Dedication to process improvement and implementation.
- Excellent research & problem solving skills
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and able to work effectively in team environment.
- Ability to deal with potentially confrontational situations with patience, diplomacy and tact.
- 5 - 8 years contracts experience
- Legal Education or background desirable
***All Qualifications are preferred****Qualifications:
Responsible for obtaining materials, components, equipment, and services while ensuring the best quality at the best value.
As a member of Oracle*s International Electronic eBusiness Center, you will consolidate, negotiate and manage a regional supply base. interface between our regional subsidiaries, suppliers, and/or Corporate Finance team. Place, expedite, and status orders daily in accordance with Oracle*s Global Purchasing/Finance policy. Monitor the cost, schedule, and scope of assigned standard and nonstandard contracts. Manage supplier invoice holds. Analyze global spending trends and recommend cost saving opportunities. Identify, propose and initiate implementation of process efficiencies/improvements. May provide feedback to Product Development on product usability. May assist in training of new buyers and end users.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Extensive commodity knowledge, excellent written and oral communication, customer service, computer and negotiation skills, and ability to multitask. 8 year experience and BS/BA degree or equivalent.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.