Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Controls Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
In support of the Gas Power System and Power Services Business, the Controls Gas Turbine Design Technology team is continuing to invent and implement advanced control strategies and algorithms to improve the performance, operability, and reliability of gas turbines with the goal of increasing the competiveness of the GE Catalog of Combined Cycle Power Plants.
As the Lead Controls Engineer, your large volume of orders created by these new technology advances requires talented individuals with the right mix of technical and problem-solving skills. Working with experienced engineers, you will lead projects and interface with internal and external teams to develop functional control strategies and then design the control system to accomplish the key requirements.
In addition, you will:
• Develop and apply advanced control technologies to gas turbine applications
• Collaborate with design engineers of various disciplines to surface control system requirements and drive equipment requirements for controllability
• Implement control algorithms in GE Control Systems, including: Mark*VI, Mark*VIe, and Mark*Ve
• Write, test, and develop requirements for turbine application code
• Lead software acceptance tests with customers
• Support field tests for technology proofs-of-concept and final validation of control system solutions
• Lead projects with ultimate responsibility for quality and on-time deliverables
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Aerospace, or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university
• Minimum 5 years engineering experience
• Knowledge of Control Systems, Ladder-logic, and Network Protocols
• Ability and willingness to travel 20% for controls field validation and customer meetings, as required
• Ability and willingness to work overtime as required
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• 4+ years of Gas Turbine experience
• Strong organizational / project execution skills and prior success in working with or leading cross-functional teams
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and lead others
• Experience with modeling and simulation software
• GE Toolbox / ToolboxST experience
• Passion for continuous learning and applying best practices to achieve practical solutions
• Enthusiastic self-starter who leads by example, sets stretch goals and is committed to team building
• Master's Degree in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering discipline
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.