Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE's Gas Power Systems business is the global industry leader in efficient, reliable, and cost-effective conversion of fuel to power, serving a wide range of applications from small, mobile power to highly efficient, utility scale power plants. With our substantial technology heritage and the largest delivered fleet of gas turbines of any provider in the world, our specialized plant solutions address unique customer challenges, providing increased performance, fuel efficiency, lower emissions and operational flexibility.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Controls Hardware Structuring and Fulfillment Engineer
Plant Systems Engineering
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Lead Controls Hardware Structuring and Fulfillment Engineer will be the focal point for project execution for all Hardware related items including Control panels, Bently Nevada Vibration Monitoring orders, Cybersecurity for Gas, Steam, Balance of Plant (BOP), and Services. You will work with ITO (Inquiry to Order) to define structured products and ensure that all customer needs are being met through the standard offering and the appropriate Cost and Cycles are taken for any exceptions.
As the Lead Controls Hardware Structuring and Fulfillment Engineer, you will:
* Attend the customer kickoff meetings (CKOM) and controls finalization meetings (CFM) to ensure the customer understands the value of our structured products and that the schedules are aligned to deliverables
* Act as single point focal for all HW related activities across Gas, Steam, HRSG (Heat Recovery Steam Generator), BOP (Balance of Plant) and PGS (Power and Gas Services) activities supported by controls
* Be able to articulate the technical requirements / details for varying products like control panels, HMI (Human Machine Interface), cybersecurity, and Bently Vibration monitoring
* Lead all customer discussions related to HW and drive structuring and standardization to the product based on customer needs
* Integrate with ITO (Inquiry to Order) and define products structure to ensure higher percentage of sales on standard products while meeting the customer demands
* Interact with ITO, Sourcing, and Global Supply Chain teams to drive product cost & cycle improvements through standardization
* Work with project Global Design Leads (GDL's) to ensure that controls HW is not a high risk item on schedules / requirements set
* Work with appropriate Purchased Service Agreement (PSA) agencies to ensure the design fulfillment for projects are communicated and met
* Drive improvements to key performance objectives (metrics) like On time delivery, First Pass Yield and Cycle reduction for all fulfillment activities by leading continuous improvement to the product and process
* Bachelor's Degree in in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, or Nuclear Engineering from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of industrial controls experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Proven oral and written communication skills
* Ability to independently drive projects to completion
* Willingness to be challenged and learn new technologies and skills
* Ability to multi - task efficiently and meet milestones
* Simplification mindset, acting on feedback, driving productivity initiatives for business results and personal engineering satisfaction
* Drive ownership and incorporate lessons learned from validation and field experience into design practice
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and lead others
* Knowledge of network protocols
* Gas Turbine / Steam Turbine or Plant controls knowledge/experience
* GE Controls Mark VI and VIe Platform and tools experience (GE Employees Only)
* Passion for continuous learning and applying best practices to achieve practical solutions
* Enthusiastic self-starter who leads by example, sets stretch goals and is committed to team building
* Leadership experience and/or managing multiple projects simultaneously
* High energy team player with multi-cultural skills, able to influence effectively in a decentralized, cross functional matrix and global environment
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.