Company Description About Visa: Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code." Job Description
Do you want to use data-driven analytics to answer strategic questions for one of the world's most respected and innovative payments companies?
Visa has built one of the world's most advanced payments networks. It's capable of handling more than 20,000 transactions per second, with reliability, convenience and security. With over 70 billion transactions processed by Visa every year, we have a rich source of data to help our payment industry partners plan for the future. Description
The Analytics and Data Products (ADP) group works with internal business teams, our key Visa issuing banks, and merchant clients to drive value from Visa's unique global data assets. This developer role will be a critical member of the team that supports Visa's Global Solution organization, reporting to a Senior Director within ADP. The position will be based at Visa's headquarters in Foster City, California.
In this role, you will be responsible for scoping and delivering analytical projects to help clients achieve their business objectives. You will get chance to leverage your business acumen and technical knowledge of big data and data mining techniques. Based on findings from data-driven analysis, you will draw fact-based insights and make actionable recommendations that reflect the client's business and context. This function is critical in building market-relevant client solutions and intellectual property for Visa. Responsibilities
- Direct the execution of medium to large analytic projects with analysts/senior analysts
- Work with internal clients to fully understand business requirements and desired business outcomes
- Define detailed analytic scope and methodology, and create analytic plan
- Execute on the analytic plan with appropriate data mining and analytical techniques
- Extract actionable business insights from the data and build deliverables that clearly communicate the findings and recommendations
- Ensure project delivery within timelines and budget requirements
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior team members
- Find opportunities to create and automate repeatable analyses or build self-service tools for business users
- Perform other tasks on R&D, data governance, system infrastructure, analytics tool evaluation, and other cross team functions, on an as-needed basis
We are looking for a strong analytics thinker and problem solver, with a blend of business and technical skills:Business skills and general qualities:
- Good business acumen to orient data analysis to business needs of clients
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to communicate data and technical concepts to a business audience
- Project management skills
- Team oriented, energetic, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style
- Intellectually curious and continuously striving to learn
- Real world experience using Hadoop and the related query engines (Hive / Impala). Experience programming in Python and Spark is a plus
- High level of competence with SQL syntax for extracting and aggregating data
- Deep proficiency with SAS as a statistical package is also highly desirable
- Familiarity and experiences with advanced data mining and statistical modeling is very helpful
- High level of competence in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools like Tableau, Microstrategy, or other programs
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience applying statistical solutions to business problems in relevant fields such as analytics, business consulting, or other data-driven functions
- Post Graduate degree in quantitative field such as Statistics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, equivalent experience; or MBA with strong technical experiences
- Analytics experience in credit cards, financial services, or merchant analytics (such as retail, hotels or airlines) is helpful but not required
We would love to see your intellectual horsepower in vivid display during the application to help you stand out. Below are examples of problems that our team actually solves. Please select one and develop a short proposal to illustrate how you would use data to address it. Please include your response in your cover letter. The proposal should be a maximum of one (1) page in bullet points that structure your ideas in following five sections:
- Assumptions - To frame the problem
- Analysis Methodology - To explain your analysis approach and chosen analytics techniques
- Expected Results and Findings
- Recommendations - Based on expected results and findings
- Potential Limitations inherent in the approach
Below are the questions that you can choose from.
How would you assess the impact of weather on consumer's Visa spending last winter?
Bank X has observed declining credit card payment volumes in their core markets. How would you diagnose the cause and what potential remediation's may be put in place?
Visa recently announced a new partnership with a key Fin Tech company. How would you quantify the per customer incremental value of this partnership? Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.