Lead Cyber Security Engineer
The best leaders don't just motivate, they inspire. That’s how we reach our goals and why we reward extraordinary results. Sound like you? Then consider Capital One, a financial services leader and FORTUNE 200 company, where you'll find an environment that values your abilities and rewards results that drive business success.
We are creating something unique and unprecedented, a re-imagined hub for technology training, as a bold investment in developing our associates and leaders, recruiting top technical and non-technical talent, and continuing to differentiate ourselves in the market. As a Lead Cybersecurity Engineer within the Tech College, you’ll be part of a team responsible for designing, developing and implementing engaging learning experiences and solutions that will fuel our growth as a Tech company and help our associates develop cutting-edge skills.
This is a rare opportunity to be in a role with widespread, meaningful impact, challenging problems to solve, creative freedom and autonomy, strong support, and the ability to stay on the cutting edge of knowledge, skills, and tech. If this sounds too amazing to be true, challenge us – go ahead, apply and see for yourself.
- Bring cybersecurity expertise to a team of instructional designers, learning program managers and cross-discipline engineers to design, build and deliver learning experiences across all areas of cybersecurity
- Collaborate with peers in other Tech College disciplines such as Cloud, Software Engineering and Data Engineering to integrate appropriate cyber security knowledge and skills training into their curriculum/learning experiences
- Design, build and conduct live learning experiences such as labs, hacking challenges, and boot camps
- Review and select third party educational materials
- Exhibit strong skills and knowledge in cybersecurity principles, practices and technologies
- Be capable of handling multiple functions and roles within a single project or team
- Be a self-motivated, driven individual with strong emphasis on team accountability
- Establish or maintain best practices across the team and organization where appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of technical experience in the cybersecurity field
- At least 2 years of technical experience in application security
- 2 years’ experience preparing and delivering technical education
- 2 years’ experience working with agile software development practices
- 2 years’ experience professional software development
- 2 years’ experience integrating security testing into DevOps and CI/CD
- Professional security certifications CISSP, CISM, CSSLP, OSCP
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.