Eaton has an opening for an Lead Data Analyst – Finance Internal Controls on its Industrial Sector internal controls team. The Lead Data Analyst – Finance Internal Controls will be located in our Beachwood, OH facility.
This role provides specialized analytic support to the Industrial Sector internal controls audit team and Industrial Sector management team through innovative computer assisted audit techniques (CAATs) and data analytics. The position manages the development and execution of the analyses for the Industrial Sector. Analyses will serve to increase the depth and breadth of the function over conventional internal control techniques for significant business processes and enterprise resource planning (ERP) platforms, as well as, provide the management team with information to better monitor the financial and operational activities of the business.
Essential functions of this role include but are not limited to:
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Assist in the development and deployment of the Industrial Sector’s data analytics strategy and program which is focused on:
- Identify opportunities to leverage data to further enhance the control environment and provide insights into the financial and operational activities of the business.
- Support the data analytics needs of the Industrial Sector
- Participate and support special projects and ad-hoc data analysis requests, on an as needed basis.
- Perform some Sarbanes-Oxley procedures and internal control testing to support management’s assertion (~25% of time).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, or Mathematical/Statistical from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in accounting, auditing, Information Technology, and/or data analytics.
- No sponsorship is being offered for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proven project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritize and work in a highly fluent and fast paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to promote ideas and work effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Travel up to 15% (domestic and international)
- Experience analyzing manufacturing business processes. This would include: business process flowcharting and risk/control analysis and assessment.
- Knowledge of data base structures, data mapping, and experience extracting/analyzing data from common Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as Oracle and Mfg/PRO.
- Strong knowledge and working experience with data manipulation tools (ex. SQL) to query large databases and manipulate large data files.
- Strong analytical skills and advanced knowledge of one or more common data analytics tools and CAAT (Computer Assisted Audit Technique) technologies (e.g., ACL, IDEA).
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence Tools –OBIEE, Qlikview, Hyperion, Cognos, ENCORE, RADAR, etc. would be an asset
- Adept in using advanced features of MS Access and MS Excel.
- Working knowledge of key auditing and accounting concepts (GAAS, GAAP) and experience in supporting / participating in an audit activity.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.