Corporate Finance & Operating Components
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Data & Analytics Analyst
Data and Analytics
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Lead Data & Analytics Analyst is a key member of the GE Audit Staff Audit Analytics team who is responsible for developing data-driven analytics tools, coordinating the execution of audit analytics with auditors in the field, and championing projects aimed at improving analytic capabilities. The Lead will also partner with audit teams to build continuous monitoring models to improve audit execution and be a super-user and champion for audit analytics tools (e.g. Alteryx).
Audit Analytic Delivery
* Work in tandem with the auditors to understand the objectives of their audits, create/identify/define analytics that can improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the audits
* Assist audit teams throughout the data acquisition process to ensure that the requirements for scoped analytics are met within reasonable timeframes
* Provide insight and guidance on the interpretation of analytics and model outputs so that appropriate actions are taken by the audit team
* Track and report the results of analytics and ensure "feedback loop" for future improvement
* Identify opportunities to partner with audit teams and utilizer analytics to improve risk assessment, audit coverage, and/or issue tracking/resolution • Drive horizontal (cross-process or cross- company) adoption of analytic tools developed by CAS
Monitoring & Improvements
* Continuously improve analytic operations and audit efficiency/effectiveness by soliciting feedback, critically assessing processes, and defining improvement requirements
* Thoroughly track, prioritize and communicate improvement opportunities and analytic defects to the project team for timely resolution...develop solutions where possible
* Become the functional owner of analytic projects to ensure the development team delivers solutions that meet or exceed agreed requirements and specifications including, but not limited to, user acceptance testing
Subject Matter Expert
* Be the in-house expert for all assigned businesses, analytics applications (e.g. R, Qlik, Alteryx, etc), and an array of analytic techniques and modeling practices to maximize benefit and perspective to audit teams
• Work with other Subject Matter Experts to provide training/support as needed across the global organization
* Bachelor's Degree in technical or financial disciplines (Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Finance, Accounting or related field)
* Minimum 3 years' experience in data science/analytics projects and practices
* Must be willing to work out of the new Corporate HQ office in Boston, MA
* Must be willing to travel up to 25%
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Languages and Tools: SQL, ACL, Oracle GRC, IDEA, VBA, Alteryx or Advanced MS Excel
* Data Visualization Tools: Qlikview, Spotfire or Tableau
* Bank regulatory experience (compliance, loan review, liquidity, AML, FCPA, etc.)
* Financial, IT, or Supply Chain audit/process experience
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interface and influence across functions
* Proven ability to effectively analyze large amounts of transactional audit data
* Self-starter who actively seeks out new project opportunities and improvements to existing solutions
* A proven ability to critically assess, drive action, and deliver meaningful results in a fast-paced environment
* Agile software development experience preferred
* CAS or Leadership Program Graduate (ITLP/FMP)
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.