The Johnson & Johnson IT Application Services team is looking for a Lead Data Scientist to support the build out of its Advanced Analytics service offering. In this role, the Lead Data Scientist will be responsible for collaborating with other team members and key stakeholders to support the wide ranging analytics needs of the Johnson & Johnson companies globally. The primary responsibility of this position will be to build mathematical models and automated machine learning tools to work with large data sets to produce quantitative based solutions for our Johnson & Johnson business partners. This role will report directly to the ITAS Senior Analytics Manager. The preferred location of this role is in Somerville, New Jersey.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $74.3 billion in 2014 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 119,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Specific responsibilities include:
• Work closely with Business Unit IT and IT Infrastructure team to implement Global Business Intelligence and Analytics service models
• Gather, process, and analyze raw and often complex data from different sources using advanced statistical modeling techniques
• Work with external partners to deliver advanced analytics related projects
• Work with key stakeholders to clearly explain complex empirical results and support integration into business applications
• Drive project execution by defining and implementing common BI and analytics process and standard delivery measures
• Support business partners with ad-hoc analysis as needed
• Masters Degree in a Statistics, Math, Computer Science or related technical field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience solving analytical problems using machine learning, statistics, and other empirical techniques OR a Ph.D. in a Statistics, Math, Computer Science, or related technical field required.
• Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources is required
• A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data is required
• Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
• Familiarity with relational databases such as SQL is required
• Expert knowledge of at least one analysis tool is required (R, Python, Matlab, or SAS)
• Experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
Other critical competencies include: Global mindset - ability to work across multiple countries and cultures. Strength in interdependent partnering and collaboration skills to build strong relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers and business partners. Change Agent with a high tolerance for ambiguity. Leads and shapes the Global Services capabilities. Ability to adopt and deploy Johnson & Johnson Credo leadership skills. Maintains integrity and trust within and across all organizations and relationships.Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-SomervilleOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function