GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Data Scientist - Video/Images
Applications and Software
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Lead Data Scientist will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business / market segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
In addition you will:
* Proficient in either R or Python
* Work in technical teams in application and deployment of data mining methods
* Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses to test business / customer hypotheses
* Assist in determining technical approaches to be used on major challenges
* Perform machine learning, natural language, and statistical analysis methods, such as classification, collaborative filtering, association rules, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, and validation methods
* Assist in ensuring proper definition of data needs, evaluation of data quality, and critique appropriate statistical analyses, for critical projects and perform needed analyses
* Effectively communicate technical analyses and results to business management
* Have experience in video / image analytics, and data fusion thereof
* Masters degree or PhD from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Operations Research, or related fields
* Minimum of three years of relevant experience (strong mathematical background with ability to understand algorithms and methods from a mathematical viewpoint and an intuitive viewpoint)
* Proven work experience with video / image analytics
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Project Management and team organization experience
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Comprehensive Program Management abilities
* Ability to influence others and create cohesive groups
* Proven mentoring skills including; technical mentoring
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.