Lead Database Developer
U.S. Medical Management (USMM), an affiliate of a leading Fortune 250 company, manages a nationwide continuum of premier providers of medical services delivered primarily to the homes of elderly and homebound patients. Providing primary home care is the future of medicine, and at USMM, the future is now. With the knowledge and experience to address the evolution of healthcare, USMM is poised for a phenomenal future. POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Lead Database Developer is responsible for designing and maintaining database solutions for new and existing applications. Additional responsibilities will also include writing reports to extract, analyze, and create static and ad hoc reports for Managers and Senior Stakeholders; as well as developing SSIS packages for ETL and other miscellaneous purposes. This is an enterprise role both maintaining and reporting on a variety of data, primarily Healthcare, however, it may also include HR, Finance, etc.
Being a Lead, the Database Developer has expert knowledge of many of the systems and procedures used throughout the business. Moreover, the lead developer is good at mentoring his or her peers, particularly those in a Regular or Junior Development position, as well as establishing rules, standards, specifications, and nomenclature for the rest of the Junior, Mid-level, and Senior Developers.
In addition, the Developer is highly proficient in creating and optimizing queries; creating complex SSIS projects; and writing comprehensive SSRS reports. The Lead Database Developer also has a vast background in the company's databases, schemas, tables, stored procedures and other objects contained within, and can quickly and easily locate the data elements as needed.
The Lead Database Developer is also a well-rounded motivated professional with solid relational and object-oriented database management experience, analytical ability, and a solid team player. The Developer will have to periodically work directly with Executives and other Superiors and be comfortable and confident in delegating tasks as needed to the rest of the team. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Provisioning databases
- Design and maintain database solutions for new and existing projects by understanding the business requirements
- Develop and maintain database structures that utilize database architectural standards (normalized tables, primary keys, foreign keys, events, triggers, etc.)
- Write scripts to create, optimize, and maintain databases, tables, constraints, functions, stored procedures, indexes, and triggers
- Provide primary support for the organization's data repositories and will be responsible for requested SQL reports
- Work with managers of each functional area to identify and prioritize data information needs and requirements
- Creates clinical and financial reports to user specifications using commonly available report writing tools and queries for SQL databases
- Identifies reporting requirements and writing and optimizing complex SQL queries, stored procedures, and views to extract the information, trends, or patterns contained in the data
- Validates the results of SQL queries with end users, and presents the data in an intuitive and visually appealing way, which may include tables, pie charts, bar graphs, or other diagrams
- Assist with the import and export of data from third parties
- Support and troubleshoot issues
- Mentor and support Developers at all levels of the Database Development team
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree (or equivalent experience) in applicable technology
- 5+ years of experience using SQL Server (development and DBA roles), SSRS, and SSIS
- Analytic ability
- Working knowledge of SVN
- Strong communication skills
- Motivated and positive attitude
- Healthcare data and regulations
- GIT source code repository
- Health Catalyst EDW
A little about us:
Our mission is to provide high quality, compassionate and cost-effective care to our patients through clinical leadership, outcomes management and maintaining an ethical workplace.