& Johnson is currently recruiting for a Lead Developer, Internet-of-Things
(IoT) and Embedded Systems to be part of a fast-paced, innovative, and highly
visible team building IoT and embedded software for our commercial and R&D
lines of business. The position will be located in Providence, RI.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the
world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care
products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer,
pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to
provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal,
cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Johnson & Johnson intends to open its new health technology
center in Providence, Rhode Island. The center will specialize in
optimizing information technology and data analytics to create software
applications that will serve to improve health outcomes. Johnson &
Johnson employs approximately 126,900 people worldwide and is the world’s
largest healthcare company. The new Health Technology Center will specialize in
advanced information technology.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness
of our employees and committed to inclusion. Johnson & Johnson is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Playing a lead role
in software design, architecture, requirements analysis, investigation of new
technologies, and software development.
- Evaluating and
prototyping innovative technologies and concepts with IoT and related
technologies, with a strong focus on hardware.
- Collaborating with
the core development team and the product owner to define and estimate business
requirements and then translate these into specific software tasks.
- Define unit and
integration tests that can be applied to CI/CD testing.
- Hands on software
development: being assigned specific tasks that can be developed and produced
within designated time interval (sprint).
- Collaborate as a
member of an agile team to get products developed and completed with best in
class software development.
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent professional
experience) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering.
- Experience with IoT, experience designing IoT
systems, and an understanding of how to build a cloud that supports IoT
- Experience with security frameworks for IoT.
- Experience with device provisioning, commissioning,
and remote device management layers in the context of IoT.
- A minimum of 4 years of broad IT experience in
web, mobile, and internet technologies is required, preferably in a large
- A minimum of 4 years of experience with
cloud-based development and cloud security and architectures.
- Experience with embedded software development on
- Experience with object-oriented design and
- Experience with agile development (SCRUM).
- Experience with source code management using
- Knowledgeable working with RESTFul/SOAP web
- Proficiency in unit and functional testing
- Big picture orientation with strong attention to
detail is required.
- Experience with Java, Python, Node.JS
- Experience with Debuggers and common IDEs
(Eclipse, MS Visual Studio, etc.)
- Experience with lean product design principles
BE VITAL in your Career;
be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
United States-Rhode Island-ProvidenceOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
Info TechnologyRequisition ID